• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Maxspect ethereal 130w light

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have brand new unopened you can have for $400 plus shipping. I have one currently in use over my sump you can have for $200. It's not in great condition aesthetically though. I believe I paid almost $600 each about 2 to 3 years ago.

I would caution you to find another light though. These rank right up there with my skimmer as biggest waste of money. The light is very week and not suited for any tank deeper than 15 or 16 inches if you wish to get any kind of growth out of your sps/lps. The spread is also not good. Not even close to the 24x24 as they advertised. I had planned to run two of these over the 40 breeder before I turned that tank into a sump. On a positive note the corals do look great....just don't grow.

Happyreefer789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have successful progress using this light would like to share the setting? Thanks a lot.

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have brand new unopened you can have for $400 plus shipping. I have one currently in use over my sump you can have for $200. It's not in great condition aesthetically though. I believe I paid almost $600 each about 2 to 3 years ago.

I would caution you to find another light though. These rank right up there with my skimmer as biggest waste of money. The light is very week and not suited for any tank deeper than 15 or 16 inches if you wish to get any kind of growth out of your sps/lps. The spread is also not good. Not even close to the 24x24 as they advertised. I had planned to run two of these over the 40 breeder before I turned that tank into a sump. On a positive note the corals do look great....just don't grow.
sending a PM

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back