• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB redsea reefwave 25

mudbugmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for a reef wave 25. Please send me pics/prices to ship. I'm in 78749.

OP
OP
mudbugmike

mudbugmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. I already had one so I was looking for another. I have them on my reefer 350. This is my first tank so I'm probably not the best to answer. They seem good. I also have reefleds so it's nice being in the same ecosystem. Bought them off a recommendation from my local fish club.

seraphis79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post that these are available on Amazon right now. I purchased one last week for my waterbox 100.3 and just bought a second one today.

seraphis79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it arrived? If so, any thoughts or initial impressions?
I just received my 25 today and first impressions are good for the cost. I ordered one Reefwave 25 and a Maxspect Jump Gyre 2K to see which I liked better. The Maxspect is surprisingly more quiet and both were easy to quickly toss on random flow modes.

The magnet on the Reefwave is strong enough to move, adjust, and keep it in place. I love that I can adjust the position of the two sides to point them where I need em. The pump was easy to install and the controller was intuitive enough that I didn't need instructions to get it going.

The Reef Beat app leaves a lot of room for improvement, but at the end of the day I just need to set a schedule an keep em there so not that big of a deal.

There is a slight higher pitch "whine" when it runs on a higher power, but again it's not horrible.

I just returned a pair of Apex WAVs and this is a dream in comparison. I just ordered a second one today. I don't care if I need another app to manage them. I'm over the Neptune System junk and will gladly deal with it.

Back