• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: Sps lighting

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been in search wanted to buy a Kessil but right now I don’t wanna pay that amount as of yet.

Looking for decent lighting that doesn’t break the bank but let’s me try out keeping sps to see if I wanna move forward this way

For a cube 36x36x27

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Will be hard, not to say impossible to obtain a budget light that will fully support SPS coral.
In the past, I used SB REEF lights which were decent as well as hearing good feedback on vivarspectra.
You could get yourself a light through BRS OR MARINE DEPOT and take advantage of their easy financing through Affirm. A $700 light would be $60/mo to fully support your sps and have everything else in tank growing like weeds

OP
OP
galantra

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you are saying but my fear is buying and not committing to staying sps only to invest into a higher costing setup

For example just buying a T5 setup instead of going to a mitas

wkd4b11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China box LED if you wanna be cheap. They're the most powerful light you can get at a budget.
Otherwise pony up for a Radion XR30 or a T5 setup.

I wouldn't run anything other than those 3 for SPS. Not saying there aren't other lights out there than can grow SPS, these are just the lights I'd recommend and that I've had success with.

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been in search wanted to buy a Kessil but right now I don’t wanna pay that amount as of yet.

Looking for decent lighting that doesn’t break the bank but let’s me try out keeping sps to see if I wanna move forward this way

For a cube 36x36x27

You don't mean a single Kessil do you? I have an 8 bulb t5 retrofit on my 150 cube and 2 ai sol blues at 100% for 7hrs and recently noticed colors weren't as good as in the frag tank on the same system. Found that the par output from the AI's had dropped after running then so high for 7 years. Added a kessil in the middle of them and things are looking better but for good color on sps you are gonna need a lot of wattage whatever you choose, or the acros may be kinda green.

OP
OP
galantra

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I was looking at possibly a Kessil ap700 and 4 T5 hybrid mix but. Just wanted to try something simple and advance from there

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just posted a pair of XR15 gen 3 pro’s in the for sale section.

Curlew_Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 hardly even used reef brite retros units 36” with ati blue plus bulbs 650$ shipped

9B254DFF-6214-4B3C-8283-E6DC9428DCCD.jpeg 720CDA6B-BD1F-4462-AC71-FAF13AF357B1.jpeg

TheFishTickler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the thread's old, but I recently bought an AI Hydra32 HD LED for around $400 including the HMS stand and shipping. My tank is a bit smaller than yours (lol, 20 gallons), but man! the light works great :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back