WTT: deep blue 60 frag tank for 30 frag tank

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to trade my deep blue 60g rimless frag tank for a 30g rimless frag tank. It comes with the tank in great shape, no scratches, 2x4 stand, 20g sump, and plumbing. The tank is currently up and running. I’d be looking the same in return just smaller. This tank is in my basement and being as large as it is and with as much surface area it makes it difficult to heat and more evaporation then I’d like. I think the 24x24 footprint would serve me better. If you’re interested please let me know. Thanks.

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking, I will post if I find something so if anyone comes across this thread and is interested assume it’s still available until I say otherwise. Thanks

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gabe, for my frag tank top I used a window screen frame and the plastic sheeting for windows that shrinks up tight with some heat for drafty windows. Light gets through no problem and cuts way down on evaporation.
How did those sps do for you?

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to try it. Everything was doing great until the wife plugged stuff into the same circuit as the tank and popped the breaker. She never realized and it wasn’t until I got home from work that I saw it. Temps dropped too much and I lost a bunch of peices including the red dragon and the pink lemonade. That’s pretty much what prompted the move to the new tank. Everything that made it through is recovering now. How’s the elegance doing?

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it’s doing well. That elegance will grow into a beast before you know it. You almost can’t kill it.

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patrick had a great setup with good oxygen exchange while keeping everything sealed from too much evap. Really nice.
In a previous tank in a cold space I insulated two surfaces of the tank with no visual exposure with expanded polystyrene sheet material. Just cut to size and taped to tank. Glass is a very good at transferring heat unfortunately. Not sure if you have that option

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the offer but I wanted something with an overflow so I could run a sump.

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump, still looking.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back