• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTT: new-in-box Kessil AP9X + mounting arm + spectral controller for 3D printing services

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 2 AP9X for my new tank and the shimmer is quite strong, so I'm ditching one and replacing with fill lights.

I'm willing to trade it for someone who has a large 3D printer, some artistic talent, and is willing to work with me to build part of an aquascape for a 180. Hopefully no more than 10 hours of work total; most of the stuff can probably be done with scaled-up versions of thingiverse parts (likely scaled up so might need to be printed in multiple pieces and glued). We'd probably chat for 45 minutes on zoom/skype/hangouts/phone, then I'll send some drawings and talk about what I have in mind. I'll ship the 9X, you ship the final aquascape, and no monetary transactions involved!

You get 3 of these 4 things:
ap9x.png

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are rough XYZ dimensions of your printed aquascape?
PETG (most common material for saltwater parts) has a specific gravity of 1.27 so would sink if solid, but most 3D printed parts are printed at like 20% fill, so would capture air and float, a lot.

Also, 3D printing is generally SLOW. especially at high 'fill rates' ... like a few hours for say.... a 4x4x4" cube, so printing aquascape for a 180 (say something that fills the bottom two thirds of a 72x24x25 space) would take weeks and be very $$$.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back