WVNeds's Tanks

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a round tuit for years! Do you have a link so I can purchase a dozen![emoji28]
They are on Amazon. Not a surprise, everything is...
71E1sZF5FaL._SX522_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Round...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0778PPYT7

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for an updated pic of the Blue Ridge. This is where Little Blue sleeps.
2019_05_15_0196-X3.jpg

When you move a tank you end up with stuff in the back and other places you cant see it.
I have exciting rock colored mushrooms in the back. Lot's of them
2019_05_15_0197-XL.jpg

And Zoa canyon on the left side
2019_05_15_0198-XL.jpg

The bulb anemone and some green plays that came in the macro I ordered
2019_05_15_0200-XL.jpg

I had quite a bit of trouble with the Golden plume gorgonian but it is ok and growing now. The purple ones seem a lot easier to make happy.
2019_05_15_0201-X2.jpg

I check my email 27 times a day for a notice on the new tank. Nothing yet. I guess it could be another month.

I would love to put a bunch of new stuff in, but I keep stopping my self. It would just be more to move in a short period of time.
Corals will have doubled in price again. Oh well. What is best for the animals is what I should do.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's raining so lets take some pictures
2019_05_23_0234-4K.jpg

The change over from TM pro to Red Sea Blue bucket was successful. A few things were deflated for 2 weeks but they got over it.

2019_05_23_0236-4K.jpg

Little Blue is growing like a weed. He is real tail slapper and gives it right back to the bigger fish
2019_05_23_0242-4K.jpg

2019_05_23_0239-X4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I turned the light back up. It occurred to me if nothing was growing on the glass it probably wasn't growing anywhere else either.
and it got boring just having to scrape the glass and do a water change in 20 minutes Wednesday mornings.

Moving the tank set off a nitrate bomb. I was stupid and didn't make some new water to use after the move. Nopox is bringing it back down but my duncan ejected and gave up the ghost. I am not who I used to be and I can easily get to many balls in the air at one time now and some end up on the ground. Moving the tank and a baby shower with house guests
was too much. I had to do it while the muscle was here. Pick up the pieces and keep going.

I started using pickling lime in the ATO again trying to bump my paramaters a bit. Even using outside air I am dropping the pH below 8. The house is shut with the AC on now and all of these dogs are panting around the tank. Chewy and Dyson are visiting so there are 9 right now.

I am really good at keeping fish but the other stuff is still somewhat a mystery to me. Sometimes it does really well and other times it looks unhappy.
The worst though is when some look really happy and some really poorly at the same time.
Tweaking and tweaking when you don't know exactly what the knobs do.

Lots of big things sitting around and I am excited to make them more than decorations in the room. There is even a doser and BRS 3 part mixing kit here.
That really big skimmer would make a cool lamp.

My avatar is 10 now. She is sleeping in the chair.
10 years ago
IMG_0365-XL.jpg

all this new stuff. My tank now doesn't look this good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here
IMG_1043-L.jpg

"Oh my, what have I done."
IMG_1044-L.jpg

Bringing the stand in today. Then on to hanging the lights.
When you have wanted to do something for 35 years and then you do. We bought our first house in 1983. I had 20 plus tanks in the basement, all small ones. The largest was a 55.
I have been a DIY scrape by fish keeper for a long time. It is now paying off. I think the sump is going to be 2 40 gallon stock tanks with a brute can for the return section.
I have thought of a method to stop or limit drain back to the sump. We will see if it works. I am going to put a check valve on the lines, not to stop the water but to let air in and break the siphon.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back