WVNeds's Tanks

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's got the food!!!!
IMG_1445-XL.jpg

I would like to get up to about 30 fish. I want 2 mandarins, some more chromis and another large angel. I have never kept angels and am not sure if I have lost my window to put another one in now.

Time to make a bigger hole. 3 one inch pipes need to go through the wall. The water change system is unneeded now anyway. I can do everything in the other room.
IMG_1448-X2.jpg

I have gone round and round in my head over what to put in the 75. I think It is going to be a snowflake eel, dwarf lion and clam. I will put a glass top on the tank. No wires need to go into it so I can seal it up good. I have always had to decide what I could cram all in one tank and make concessions to that. This is a new experience for me.

The only thing in the stand will be the light power supply. I am going to try and run the tank on the return pump only. If that doesn't work I will put a MP-40 on it.

I think corals are beautiful but prefer things that swim and typically only add a few to decorate the tank a bit. The gorgonians are growing and I am going to try propagating them and spreading them around.
I have been in infrastructure mode and want the system fully built up and stable before I add more livestock anyway.

I have the install overflow box project coming up and will drain the water down from the 240 into the 75 and sump to drop the level enough to glue it in. The Customaquariums overflows would work fine on a tank with still water but dont handle waves well at all. I have modded them to do what I want but cant get to where I want to be. The modular marine box hasent shipped yet. Waiting patiently.

There are so many things I have always wanted to keep but time is short and I need to keep things simple because it is only going to get harder and it isn't easy some days now. Mostly why this isn't done yet.

The macro is doing well in the small tank. There are 4 or 5 kinds in there.
IMG_1450-XL.jpg

IMG_1451-XL.jpg

The red is the bi valve. There are 2 large ones

Louie is taking a cat nap on me. He really really really wants to go outside. Not sure what I am going to do about that. Mocha goes out every day and it's never been a problem. Fear of the unknown I guess.
IMG_1449-XL.jpg

Thanks

Ned

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Louie love his perch?
Yes. Louie loves it, my shoulder, lap and sitting on the dogs. I was looking at weight to age charts. He is at the very top number at 2 pounds 9 ounces at 9 weeks.
After a certain thread post I now call him ninja death cat when he plays ruff.
He is eating right now. I got him some tuna and chicken food. The first stuff he has eaten that isnt Kitten Spam goo. He is chowing down.
IMG_1458-XL.jpg

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's drained again. Off to find bricks tomorrow. There are a bunch chucked over the hill. I have a very low opinion of the people that lived here. I have been cleaning trash and stuff off since we moved in.
Construction debris, downed brush, old flower pots and plastic chunks. It's a beautiful forest and shouldnt have that stuff in it.

Louie has very big feet for such a tiny cat. Mocha goes 13 pounds and I think Louie is going to be a big cat too.
59123231778__7B8216BF-118B-4AC6-AA7E-610C36B05173-X3.jpg

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rinsed my filter sock into a white bowl. There where more pods and shrimps in it than anything else.
It looked like I dumped a jar from Algae Barn into it.
In fact there was nothing in the sock I would want to remove but a tablespoonful of brown stuff.
So I took it out.
I was watching the barnacles.

I think it's time for the mandarins.

The Appalachian sea is a success.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came downstairs this morning like every morning. I was a little latter than usual an the light were already on in the tank.
There were no fish to be seen. I didn't clean the glass yesterday so it was a little hard to see in but this is not what I usually see in the morning.
Scared the crap right out of me. I see a few fish under rocks.
I go examine the fish room and everything seems normal.

So I clean the glass and get the food ready. Out they come.
I think Bear barked so loud he spooked them all. He gets excited in the morning when they all go out.
2019_09_29_0499-X2.jpg

2019_09_29_0501-X2.jpg

and for the admiring fan club Louie is excellent this morning. Zoe went back to sleep.
IMG_1491-X2.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It holds water. All systems are go.
IMG_1468-XL.jpg

It is now a 400 gallon system.
Time to take the water out and build an aquascape. I have never done anything but stack rocks but this is going to be a little different. I hope.
what light is that?

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I wanted to do something a little different.
I have contoured the bottom of my 75 with brick, pond foam and landscape cloth. I am making a tiered sand bed and am going to plant macro algae in it.
IMG_1496-XL.jpg

The sand will be 1.5 inches deep so about half of each tier will be exposed. I have 30 pounds of Marco rock coming and 40 pounds of Carib Sea West Caribbean sand coming. The sand is 1-5mm and I think it will look the way I want for this.
There is a 1.25 inch tube embedded in this for a snowflake eel.
I need to get some glass tops. The eel must not escape.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back