WVNeds's Tanks

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the channels in this Photon V2 all over the pace. I liked the look of the MH so I set all 5 channels to 65%. I swapped from LED to MH /T-5 and back. No acclimation.
No problems either.
And the pictures still come out.
I have decided I have no clue about flow in a tank. Sticking a PP-8 in pointed right at stuff seems to be the ticket. The MP-10 doesn't help. You cant point it.
Got this guy in the last package. He is looking great. Eats good too.
2019_04_05_0051-XL.jpg

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hippo tang. From Petco. He needed a home. Perhaps Jill will stop sending me to get the dog food. He isnt in great shape buy his tummy is full. He is smaller than my green chromis and my sailfin doesn't like him at all.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hippo tang. From Petco. He needed a home. Perhaps Jill will stop sending me to get the dog food. He isnt in great shape buy his tummy is full. He is smaller than my green chromis and my sailfin doesn't like him at all.

Aw, I love tiny tangs. Hopefully he makes it. I’ve managed to snag a few decent things from Petco in Charleston on occasion..... other times it’s pretty bad in there.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw, I love tiny tangs. Hopefully he makes it. I’ve managed to snag a few decent things from Petco in Charleston on occasion..... other times it’s pretty bad in there.
I go to the one in Hurricane. It is 3 minutes from my house. Ya it's pretty bad too. But it is better than the 2 local LFS now. We went to Specialty Pets and Inland Reef 2 weeks ago.
Petcos water is 1.019 SG now. Used to be 1.023 a year ago. All the inverts and nems and stuff in that same water too.
The last fish I got from Inland reef was in water that low too.
I started my first tanks with stuff from those 2 shops.
There is no reason to ever go to them again. Maybe in a year or 2 to see if anything has changed. If they are still there.

I detest buying fish on the internet. I have an 8 foot tank to stock. Not sure what is going in it yet. It will probably end up a lot like the tank I have now though. I have no interest in sticks.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to the one in Hurricane. It is 3 minutes from my house. Ya it's pretty bad too. But it is better than the 2 local LFS now. We went to Specialty Pets and Inland Reef 2 weeks ago.
Petcos water is 1.019 SG now. Used to be 1.023 a year ago. All the inverts and nems and stuff in that same water too.
The last fish I got from Inland reef was in water that low too.
I started my first tanks with stuff from those 2 shops.
There is no reason to ever go to them again. Maybe in a year or 2 to see if anything has changed. If they are still there.

I detest buying fish on the internet. I have an 8 foot tank to stock. Not sure what is going in it yet. It will probably end up a lot like the tank I have now though. I have no interest in sticks.

Awhile back I was going to make the drive to visit Specialty Pets for the first time so I called ahead for info on what kind of equipment they kept in stock. They completely turned me off ever going there just by their attitude on the phone.

The closest place to me is in Belpre, Ohio. They have healthy fish usually but the variety of anything else is hit or miss. They also give very outdated, unwanted advice. Every time I’m there he asks if my tank has crashed yet from not running his idea of “proper equipment”. :D

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to
https://bertspetcenter.com/
In Ashland Ky.
Nice web site. Not what you are going to see when you get there.

About a 2 hour round trip for me. That was the place that had the 10 inch aiptasia for sale for $20. Berts and Specialty pets are both listed as vendors for LRS.
Neither keeps it so I ended up getting it from Premium Aquatics. They ship in in dry ice.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby pics!!! Please:)
Had a minor disaster. I got some new nori to feed. Ocean Nutrition brown seaweed. I put it in the clip and it exploded into a brown cloud in the tank. The diatom filter took care of it though. I got a big package too. Great way to start the day.

In certain situations a diatom filter can be a real lifesaver.

I had to wait until the light came on and clean the glass.
2019_04_19_0078-X2.jpg

The sailfin has slapped him around several times but so far so good.
Another Petco fish.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a r/c car I see? What kind of diatom filter you have Ned?
I have several RC cars though I haven't run them recently.
IMG_6604-L.jpg

IMG_6614-L.jpg

IMG_6605-L.jpg

The one you see dimly there is a 1/5th scale
IMG_6632-L.jpg

I believe the Diatom filter is a Vortex D-1. What ever the regular size one is. It is identical to the one I had 25 years ago

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back