WVNeds's Tanks

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some assembly required
IMG_1369-XL.jpg

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozone has been running a few days now. I have only gassed myself twice. I built a hat for the skimmer to hold the carbon and version 2 seems to be working. No smell when I walked into the fish room this morning. ORP is up to 178. I read a lot of posts and mine was really low at 116. I will probably get a reactor later but we are being frugal right now because Jill is taking unpaid time off to deal with her mother.

I broke the little tank yesterday so it is in the trashcan. I bumped the overflow pipe doing stuff to make the ozone system and the back cracked from the hole to the bottom seam. I drained the water down to the big tub, sumped the rock and pulled out the crabs, starfish and whatever else I saw. About 10 gallons hit the floor.
Yay for concrete floors. All the wiring is on the wall, Nothing got wet. I sucked it up with the carpet cleaner and we went and got sushi which was very good.
I will build a stand and put up another tank. I need to get the macro under some lights soon.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made up a shelf. I am getting the doser together. Poseidon is running on 10 with no smell.
I need to go out and see if I an find a bit to drill a tank.
Mission control today.
IMG_1378-XL.jpg

Who needs a cabinet when you have a wall. I need to be able to see stuff and this works great for me. Out in the open and brightly lit.
Went to the eye doc yesterday. My vision is way worse. Cataracts, I will have to deal with it until they get bad enough to come out. Optically my eyes haven't changed so no new glasses.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozone has been running a few days now. I have only gassed myself twice. I built a hat for the skimmer to hold the carbon and version 2 seems to be working. No smell when I walked into the fish room this morning. ORP is up to 178. I read a lot of posts and mine was really low at 116. I will probably get a reactor later but we are being frugal right now because Jill is taking unpaid time off to deal with her mother.

I broke the little tank yesterday so it is in the trashcan. I bumped the overflow pipe doing stuff to make the ozone system and the back cracked from the hole to the bottom seam. I drained the water down to the big tub, sumped the rock and pulled out the crabs, starfish and whatever else I saw. About 10 gallons hit the floor.
Yay for concrete floors. All the wiring is on the wall, Nothing got wet. I sucked it up with the carpet cleaner and we went and got sushi which was very good.
I will build a stand and put up another tank. I need to get the macro under some lights soon.
I’d let that orp probe soak for a week before dosing the ozone. It takes a week or two to get accurate readings with a new probe. You may be over dosing so hold off a bit.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d let that orp probe soak for a week before dosing the ozone. It takes a week or two to get accurate readings with a new probe. You may be over dosing so hold off a bit.
Thanks. This is new to me.
My ORP started at 116. It to 200 today. Skimmer has stopped producing anything so I turned it down.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. This is new to me.
My ORP started at 116. It to 200 today. Skimmer has stopped producing anything so I turned it down.
Ya I would leave ozone off for a few days. Your Orp should keep going up. Wait a week and see where it settles then you can apply ozone. Orp is a great indicator of good vs evil in your system so let it settle for awhile and get back with me and I'll help you use the ozone properly without over dosing your tank. You may also want to look at making or getting a straight ozone reactor instead of your skimmer but we will see how it goes.

That is if you want my help. Been in the ozone game for awhile and understand orp pretty well. Actually going to do another article and it will be about orp and ozone

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I would leave ozone off for a few days. Your Orp should keep going up. Wait a week and see where it settles then you can apply ozone. Orp is a great indicator of good vs evil in your system so let it settle for awhile and get back with me and I'll help you use the ozone properly without over dosing your tank. You may also want to look at making or getting a straight ozone reactor instead of your skimmer but we will see how it goes.

That is if you want my help. Been in the ozone game for awhile and understand orp pretty well. Actually going to do another article and it will be about orp and ozone
LOL I never turn down help. What I have done has shown positive results already.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming soon
The Return of the 75
IMG_1403-XL.jpg

With an Eshoppes M overflow and 2 drilled returns.

Hairy scary crab tank has water in it. I have to rework the light mount.
IMG_1404-XL.jpg

ORP is running around 200 and I have tweaked the controller and Poseidon to keep it there for a while.
Bacterial spots on the blue reef chromis and Lymphocystis on the angel are going away. Impressed the heck out of me. It's only been a few days.
IMG_1405-L.jpg

Cute but no help at all
59018050506__7CB8A018-2153-4405-BC0D-0D69771C0D14-L.jpg

Ned the dog whisperer. 9 here today. Zero problems.
59018039640__97DC1D83-8FE2-45D8-AAF9-36497B6AC5A2-X2.jpg

It's like kids having a sleepover.
IMG_1398-XL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The overflows on the big tank are not working for me. I got them to flow enough but had a flood danger by adding 2 strainers in addition to the big plastic pieces you stick in the bulkheads.

These would have allowed several inches to drain from the tank if the power went out. I tried modifying them by opening up the teeth. Then there is the noise.
With the extra strainers in I was running the return pumps at 95%. With them out I can only get 50% before the tank overfills.

And I want to graft the 75 gallon tank on to the system which will be more drain back.

I ordered a 3500gph low profile internal box from Modular Marine last night. I will drain the tank down some and glue it in there. All the rest of the plumbing is working great with the higher flow.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job with all those tanks...well except the little one, there always has to be a setback somewhere o_O
Been in the ozone game for awhile and understand orp pretty well. Actually going to do another article and it will be about orp and ozone
I wont be using ozone but would like to understand ORP more better

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back