Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s awesome! Great work!

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel I need to keep this current if I am going to reply to people. Here are the bona fides
It is coming up on 3 months.
4 tangs, 2 angels, 9 chromis, 2 mandarins, Starry blennie, file fish, foxface, 5 anthias, 2 cardinals and 2 clowns. I probably forgot some
7 gorgonians, 2 nems, various soft corals, LPS, and whatever a blue ridge is.
there are 2 SPS in here. they dont grow or die. I leave them be.
Crabs from the sea, emerald crabs, sally lightfoot crabs, 6-7 conchs, coral banded shrimp, fire shrimp.
hermits, snails
you get the idea. a bit of everything I can get my hands on
IMG_1623-XL.jpg

I got some frag plugs. I am going to try making more gorgonians. 7 will become 14 or more. I had placed the nets on the gyres trying to keep snails out of them but they catch to much goo so I removed them this morning. Everybody seems happy. I need to get an aclimation box so I can get the emperor angel in here.

IMG_1624-XL.jpg

There is a snowflake eel and a fuzzy lion in here. They don't come out much yet. The lion ate his shrimp this morning. He does not seem interested in fish at all. The snowflake seems to eat anything but hasnt bothered the angel at all. The Macro is growing. The Marco rock is growing brown goo on it.
IMG_1625-XL.jpg

Pulled out 3 handfuls of algae and trashed it. This tank has barnacles still living. They wave at me in the morning. This makes me happy.
And one extremely affectionate goofy cat
IMG_1627-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That looks like that will be a LOT of growing!!! ;Wideyed

I have a feeling he’s already pretty big on the inside!

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this place is Reef2Reef and we are all reefers reefing but there is so much more to the sea than just reefs and coral and fish.
The other stuff is just as interesting and beautiful to me.
2019_10_18_0589-XL.jpg

2019_10_18_0595-XL.jpg

2019_10_18_0598-XL.jpg

2019_10_18_0601-XL.jpg

2019_10_18_0604-XL.jpg

I have a large crab in my 240. He is living right behind my RFA. Time to make a crab trap out of plastic canvas. If I can catch him I will put him in the eel tank.
I am running the ozone full blast 24/7. No smell and my ORP is approaching 400 slowly. I have it set to cut off at 375 but it was 380 when I went in the fish room this morning.

I fell in love with yellow clown gobies a long time ago. I starved them to death probably. I only tried twice.
I had no clue back then. 4- 2007
113_1339-L.jpg

It occurred to me this morning that one would probably do well in the 20 gallon now. I may look for one.

I am in that place where you have to clean the glass every day but I only do it every 3 days. Stuff eats what comes off the glass in a green cloud from the scraper.
This tank is only about 3 months old.
2019_10_18_0584-X2.jpg

It would have more corals in it but I refuse to pay the silly prices I am seeing. Especially for softies that will grow and I will have to throw away at some point. I may start some and then give them away for the price of shipping. I really don't like where this hobby has gone, chopping stuff up into smaller and smaller pieces for higher and higher prices.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing like a weed. He is officially bigger than Kit now. He got his second shot and the vet mentioned Maine Coon to me because of his weight, the ear tufts and facial markings.
I may have a 15 pound cat that wants to sit on me all the time.
IMG_1634-XL.jpg

It kind of looks like a Transformers symbol on his forehead.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Growing like a weed. He is officially bigger than Kit now. He got his second shot and the vet mentioned Maine Coon to me because of his weight, the ear tufts and facial markings.
I may have a 15 pound cat that wants to sit on me all the time.
IMG_1634-XL.jpg

It kind of looks like a Transformers symbol on his forehead.

Our Maine Coon-mix ranged between 20 and 23 pounds as an adult and looked healthy and fit at 21 pounds. Louie may cruise right past 15 pounds!

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Maine Coon-mix ranged between 20 and 23 pounds as an adult and looked healthy and fit at 21 pounds. Louie may cruise right past 15 pounds!
The vet asked me if I liked large cats. Mocha is 13 -15 pounds. I told her they were both rescues and you take what you get.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a mess. It has no clean up crew except 3 conchs. Brown stuff is going wild. I need to get an urchin.
The fuzzy and eel are both doing fine I think. This is the first time I have see them both with the light on.
IMG_1636-XL.jpg

Fuzzy ate a shrimp and eel ate a fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the light down and cleaned the intake filters and glass yesterday. I changed the MH bulbs to 10k.
IMG_1667-X4.jpg

Fed the eel and fuzzy. They are eating good.
Hairy Scary Crab came out.
IMG_1672-XL.jpg

IMG_1682-XL.jpg

My Aqua Gadget Titanium ATO failed again so I ordered a new one from AutoTopoff.com.
Kinda need that to work. The sesors are reading salt film as water and it doesnt turn on. You can clean them with ro/di water and make it work again but you never know when it's going to happen again. I don't need something else I have to do every day.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to feed the fish
The lion ate some live shrimps
IMG_1694-XL.jpg

The eel got some tilapia
IMG_1701-XL.jpg

everybody else got Rods, LRS, PE Mysis, angel diet and coral frenzy which they will get several limes today
IMG_1710-XL.jpg

Here are some pictures of the sump. It's been 3 months and hasn't been cleaned
IMG_1688-XL.jpg

The upper level is growing some stuff on the sides
IMG_1691-X3.jpg

and I am okay with that
IMG_1690-X2.jpg

I had a die off on the macro I am growing. I think I let the PO4 get to low.
IMG_1687-XL.jpg

I increased the dose I am adding a bit.
Still figuring out the predator tank thing. The obvious answer is to keep the tank dimly lighted and I dont want to. The macro is growing in it too. It wasn't to bad but my conchs seem to have buried themselves and gone on strike.
IMG_1709-XL.jpg

My ORP stays above 300 now and reaches about 380. I lowered the level in the top tub this morning a few inches. This will allow me to increase the reaction time in the skimmer for the ozone with a taller column of foam and hopefully skim a little dryer.

I liked the 10k look on the big tank so well I decided to retune the Photon V2 again. I had some success this time. Perhaps having something to compare it to helped.
Now I will have to put it into the custom menu.
They are pretty close now to the same look now.
IMG_1711-X3.jpg

Today's special guest is Rudy.
IMG_1713-XL.jpg

With a special mention to Daisy and Lilly who will be 17 next April
5-2003
P5100075-L.jpg

10-2019
IMG_1715-XL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DST is wonderful. I woke at 4. Might as well get some stuff done.
IMG_1734-XL.jpg

My beam has sagged so I will make a new one. I also replaced the j bolts in the ceiling with U bolts that should be stronger. I want to make a floating canopy. I will have to keep it under 1000 pounds with this hardware.

I have not left forever but have been busy and alone a lot. There have been a few rough spots with the nursing home and Jill's mother. If her meds are screwed up she becomes violent. Of course they got screwed up.
She spent 45 minutes at the front desk telling people they were fired. Then there is the biting and kicking and taking stuff she finds like peoples glasses.

There is a lot of angst out there and I have enough of my own right now. So I pet my animals and stay off the internet. I can read without posting and in the end I am only here to get better at keeping stuff really.
Trapped in the house with this.
IMG_1736-XL.jpg

We can say lesbian now. So
lesbian

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are starving. I had the lights down on top of the tank for 2 days and couldn't get in it.
The new truss is up now. We will see how this goes. It has a steel angle in it. The old one sagged about 3/4 inch at the ends. Except I am going to hang more weight on this one. It probably wont get painted until spring.
IMG_1742-XL.jpg

The eel ate some tilapia this morning. This turned out better than most things I try to do.
IMG_1743-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • None.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back