WVNeds's Tanks

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank settled right in, looks like its been there for years. You looking at add any exotic macro's?

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank settled right in, looks like its been there for years. You looking at add any exotic macro's?
I have to learn to grow them. Who knows down the road though. Most of what I have came from Gulf Coast Ecosystems and the have a bunch more kinds.
The tricky part seems to be growing the algae you want with out growing the kind you don't want.
I had a mass die off in the small tank. The same stuff that is growing in the 75.

It's not settled in though. The Marco rock is growing cyano like mad. I hit it with Chemiclean over the weekend. It will come back.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didnt go well at the doctor today so I made a coffin.
59477473391__A2DB0F22-92AC-4E70-89EF-E1490A2B1D84-XL.jpg

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut some pieces of 2 gorgonians. Stripped them and glued them.
IMG_1772-XL.jpg

I call this one Weed.
IMG_1770-X3.jpg

I guess that makes the little one Son of Weed.

The fish are waiting to eat.
IMG_1775-XL.jpg

IMG_1776-XL.jpg

The tang in the 75 dug a hole to live in last night. I didn't know they did that. It is supposed to be a two spot. I thought it had a disease because it's color changed and it got spots. But the spots dont look like parasites, they look like digital camo. Tan flecks that are rectangular and oriented vertically. He is acting normal so I just watch.
IMG_1778-XL.jpg

Go ozone.

This tank looked like hell and the Chemiclean straightened it right up.

2 crabs in the big tank are approaching 6 inches legs and all. One is a collector. He takes everything in there at night. I give him pieces of the stuff the eel gets. I wonder if you can tame a crab.
IMG_1780-XL.jpg

They do eat the conchs and probably the snails. I find them as interesting to keep as anything else I could put in the tank except maybe a whale shark.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo tang disappeared. Perhaps I have too many fish because I never noticed. I looked back through my pictures and the last time he is there is 10-23. I dont know.
In an attempt to get more fish in the tank I moved the rocks around and turned the light out. It seems to have worked for 2 of the 3 new fish. Large angels will not be fooled though. The emperor is having a bad day. We will see.
I added a yellow tang and clown tang and emperor angel.
It looks like this now.
IMG_1792-XL.jpg

IMG_1793-XL.jpg

While moving the rocks the large crab came out so I sumped him. He stole my rock with Zoas on it and I cant find it. He can move things in the sump.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what my porcelain crab does but he lives in my BTA.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of reading on here I have realized I can get rid of all of this and just get a HOB filter

IMG_1832-L.jpg

The reactor is going.
IMG_1833-L.jpg

I am still adding the Nopox.

My nitrates and Phosphates where running 5-10 and .1-.2. Then I had the big algae die off and moved the rocks around. Oops 50 and .25.
The algae died and then dissolved into the tank. There was quite a bit of it.
Interestingly there is one tiny sprig of it left and it is growing.
IMG_1834-XL.jpg

I need to clean the glass. I have the croup and am a bit droopy right now. I get it every fall once the leaves are down. I usually have to take steroids to get rid of it.
IMG_1836-XL.jpg

IMG_1835-XL.jpg

I am being assisted by Zoe today She is an Australian Tang dog.

Found my cleaner wrasse on the floor crispy this morning. I will get another one. Some dope left the grids off last night.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 75 is starting to look the way I want. Well starting to. Several kinds of macro are growing in it.
IMG_1841-XL.jpg

The scary predators
IMG_1843-XL.jpg

I put a biopellet reactor on line so I turned the ozone down 1/2 way. My ORP went to 392. The highest I have ever seen it. I turned it down a bit more. The nitrates are going down so I will start tapering the Nopox down. I had a snail birth event last night and tiny round white dots are on the glass.
IMG_1848-XL.jpg

IMG_1851-XL.jpg

This was in the live rock. It is a large black snail like thing with a very fancy frilly shell.
IMG_1855-XL.jpg

The clowns keep cleaning this shell but so far nothing has happened.
IMG_1854-XL.jpg

I guess I need to stop getting fish. When these grow up they are going to be packed like anchovies in a can.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to clean my pumps
IMG_1872-X2.jpg

So far the XF 250 and XF 350 pumps have both worked perfectly for me.

The macro/softie/gorg/predator tank is coming along. So far no more cyano.
The eel is very pretty. I wish he came out more but if you feed him well you don't see him for 3 days. So far the fuzzy wont eat anything but live ghost shrimp.
IMG_1867-XL.jpg

IMG_1868-XL.jpg

I have bryopsis in the big tank. I am doing nothing about that right now.
IMG_1870-XL.jpg

Had another power outage yesterday. It's getting to be no problem. I put the generator up. Messed up my cords management a bit to get everything plugged in. I need to think on that a bit.
IMG_1871-XL.jpg

Got some cleaner shrimp
IMG_1869-XL.jpg

I need to do water testing. I upped the doser rates 2 days ago to 150ml a day for both Ca and Alk.
I am looking for a new trace package to add. I have used Kent Essental Elements for years. Once I did My shrimp stopped dying during molts. Saw a thread about adding a Trace system into the 2 part dosing and that is what I want to do. I think I am going to try Tropic Marin K+ and A- added into the 2 part.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back