WVNeds's Tanks

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got multiple kinds of crabs on my rock from TBS. The stone crabs are at about 8 inches now. The hairy ones got to be about 2 inches and some little brown ones never got bigger than a 1/2 inch.
They all start out as tiny things and many change color as they grow so you really cant look at a tiny one and tell what it is. At least I cant.
8" stone crabs? Got butter?

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only because I have NEVER used one.
they belong in the category with your favorite R2R topic. ;)
Cats and dogs?

I'm done with the other thing. I have had tanks go bad on me in the past and it was a 100% my fault because I got to busy at work and was gone out of town or equipment failure. We had a person come to check the cats while we were on a two week vacation once. They were supposed to add make up water and didn't. That wasnt pretty. After that I went 100% to submersible heaters that lay flat in the bottom of a tank or sump.

I dont watch my fish poop either. Some things are best done in private.

I have 3 more fish coming this week. I am back in the danger zone bioload for a power outage. The gen set is supposed to be installed next month. I will feel better then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am going to have to spend time in the penalty box. I feel like I am being mean to small children.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you feel that?
I dont feel like we are a group that can have an honest discussion about almost anything anymore.
It's like talking to small children. When it goes bad they call you names. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow the fish are supposed to come.
Hmmm

Order Status:
IN PROCESS

No shipping notice.
Not good

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Hydros XS from BRS
I am going to make a new ATO/AWC. I am tired of mine beeping all the time. I haven't figured out why it does it.
It goes into an error condition but has no indication why.
I am starting with the XS, 3 Maxijet1200, and 2 optical level sensors
A 1/2 in Murlock fastens on to the output of a Maxijet1200 and you can securely connect 1/2 in polyethylene tubing to it.
I was going to get a GHL mini but the fine print says you cant hook level sensors to it yet.

I am not sure how I am going to mount the level sensors so the crab doesn't get them. I will have to think on that.
I may use one to stop the skimmer floods from the bucket. That would be nice.

Last edited:

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Well just spent last 3 or maybe 4 days reading all thread from start to finish,enjoyed reading it and thanks for taking time to write in detail all your ups and downs and glad you still enjoying it and your tanks look great,keep it up.
Im new to saltwater,only 4 months since tank running,i went into the thinking of starting off with a sterile tank with dry rock/ sand and qt everything and only get in tank what you put in,my thinking on this matter came from 5 years ago starting my research and got the impression every saltwater fish is diesesed and need to qt everything even snails for few months in own system/ frags,corals the job lot.as im reading so much dieseses threads and hitch hikers bad and how to kill them and thinking if we want slice of the ocean in our house then it doesnt work aswell if just want 1% of it kind of thing. Ovbiously dont want bobbit worms killing fish and things that juat terrorise the tank so just lately having a big turn around in my thinking.i started doing this with first 2 fish ( just observational qt with option to treat if needed) first fish had 2 big lumps side of head and took back lfs and swapped for another 2 from same tank but more i read the more im getting that in my opinion having more diverse eco- system in our tanks i think better so my sterile qt tank now turned into got rocks and more stuff for fish to feel more secure and if decide put new fish in then be better or use for a hospital tank if needed ( only first 2 fish did 1 month observation.the other 3 fish straight in dt plus all cuc and 2 coral frags.
Im wishing now i started off with live rock or least good chunk of proper live rock and looking into cultivating the white worms thing.
I get the whole qt thing but just thinking about qt everything and best medicate all fish just zapped fun out of it so in time we will see if me starting with dry rock/ sand ( maybe get little chunk proper live rock and try place in dt or sump) but will have to see how things go.my blennie and wrasse was flashing for couple days on rocks other week but dont see it no more and ive read other threads about fish immunity and doing stuff with live food and how this certain person does it and should work and not just choose to do some of it but my plan just try keep it simple and do what i can when i can and try not to over react and make rash decisions but most of all enjoy my tanks.everything going well so far,nothing died,snails spawning and crabs and shrimps molting and i liked what you said last year of your test kit shows light orange = good and dark orange needs attention and red = bad and i liked this thinking and more along path i want to be on as dont need my tanks to look perfect and algae free and have certain numbers in my parameters,just need it to be in right range of numbers.
Anyway im rambling on now but thanks enjoyed your thread and all the pictures and you keep on enjoying your tanks ^_^

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydros XS, power bar and pumps/tubing are installed. It is connected to the WIFI.
It's downloading new firmware right now. Next you join the power bar. I need to go to Home Depot again and get some PVC cement and nylon bolts. I have a plan for the sensor.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydros XS, power bar and pumps/tubing are installed. It is connected to the WIFI.
It's downloading new firmware right now. Next you join the power bar. I need to go to Home Depot again and get some PVC cement and nylon bolts. I have a plan for the sensor.

curious to see what you think down the road about the hydros. I’m planning on running the same system on my setup

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO works. Temp probe works.
Now I have to go time how long it takes the Maxijet 1200 to pump 6 gallons to the sink
Then I will configure the AWC.

By the way. If you get a 1/2 in push to connect union
100002-reverse-osmosis-murlok-union-fitting-qc-push-connect-grouped-a.jpg

One end will connect to the output of a Maxijet 1200 securely and then you can run 1/2 in polyethylene pipe wherever you want it to go. Up to 6 foot head. Maxijets are cheap, Run almost forever and move 295 GPH
Great return pump for a 20 gallon long and a whole bunch of other uses like water changes from Brut cans, mixing saltwater and what I am doing.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it programmed. The page I found for doing AWC is not a feature that is live yet and it isn't in the firmware you get now.
OOPS not good.
There are some super complicated ways to program it now that I read and thought about.

Then I did it my own simple way. We will see if it works tomorrow at 10:00 am.

In simple words
At 10 a timer starts
The drain pumps runs for 6 minutes. This is how long it took the Maxijet to pump 6 gallons.
Then at 10:06:01 the fill pump starts and fills it back to the water level sensor. AT 10:15: It reverts back to normal ATO
You can create items called combiners that function like an actual device in the programming based on logic
like if pump 1 and pump 2 are on Combiner 1 is on.

I made one that says if SWDrain is on OR SWFill is on it is on.
If that combiner is on the ATO is off.

The people on Coralvue forum for Hydros seem the think the AWC program will be added soon.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st Hydros AWC successful.
At 10:00 SW Drain pump turns on and combiner output During WC goes true. ATO will not run if During WC is on. Sysytem Waterl (actual water level sensor in sump) goes dry.
2021062710050467-1855186466912379900-IMG_3729-L.jpg

AT 10:06 SWfill pump comes on and During WC combiner output still true
2021062710083005--7444904062000095754-IMG_3730-L.jpg

10:10 complete System water level wet again
IMG_3731-L.jpg

If New SW Level goes dry it will abort the NEXT AWC session by turning off SWWDrain. The New SW Level sensor is high enough in the mixing tank to complete the current one. I will also get an email telling me so I can make more when it goes dry.

iu

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump level sensor has been crab proofed. The one she destroyed.
IMG_3732-L.jpg
IMG_3733-L.jpg

The Hydros is live. When the skimmate level sensor gets here I will install that and plug the skimmer into the power bar. I ordered a second power bar to have a backup since that is the part most likely to fail IMO.
It will do other things but I am already doing them and it has been working fine so I am not messing with them.

Back