WVNeds's Tanks

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes the Italian come out in me. I got warned several times because in a war of words on the internet I have nukes and they have pointy sticks. So they report me.
Now I just put them on ignore. I don't need to defeat people on the internet to build my ego. It was made long ago.
This place uses the internet clickbait engine to power itself. If you run people off it wont go.
lol... the war of words.
been there.;)

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to you that the rot affects everything and there are key things like economics and technology that are a lot more important than the social state.
They got rid of God and brought in evolution. Then they started subsidizing survival of the leastest with public funding They destroyed public education and turned it into social indoctrination.
This cant be fixed but will collapse under it's own weight. Then people will start over and reinvent the wheel.
Yeah, I see the effect on everything. I've felt it personally affecting me, which is why I limit my social-media interactions to forums like this one, and even that sparingly. No amount of words could truly express my thankfulness for how I was raised by what most today would call old-school traditions, with teachings like responsibility/accountability, kindness and care for each other, good work ethic, nothing is free, etc.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a beautiful pup. Be his master. Germans Shepherd/Australian is going to be a high energy, intelligent, single minded dog. Start training early. If you go namby pamby on them they will run you down. I have that trouble with Jill.

thank you. Yeah, she is smart as a whip and gets singled minded. She’s about as high energy as my moms female German Shepherd and mine. I’m actually looking forward to working with her. And we’re not letting her run things. She’s not thrilled when we impose rules but she’s learning.

it helps that our male pit bull Rusty has decided she’s his baby. He let’s her know when she’s over stepped the line and is amazing with her.

AA442238-667E-416E-940F-0B8B18ACCE69.jpeg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Politically Correct BS is wearing on me more and more. You can't use a word in the English language without offending someone, some group or the PC police.....

ENOUGH ALREADY ! ! !

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Politically Correct BS is wearing on me more and more. You can't use a word in the English language without offending someone, some group or the PC police.....

ENOUGH ALREADY ! ! !

beyond that, certain individuals decide to say things they don’t like are bad, solely to keep power and influence, and everyone else drinks the koolaid.

I truly don’t mean to accidentally offend anyone here. But I have a degree in philosophy. The state of things is psychosomatically painful it’s so idiotic. I honestly feel like I’m living in a Stephen king novel some days

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's almost like idiots have been empowered with some purpose in mind. People that are emotionally driven and take easily to hate. Almost exactly like that.

id say it’s exactly that. Opinion has become truth. Emotion has become an excuse to follow personal ideals no matter what

and the individual has been forgotten beyond that. There is no empathy or compassion. At least in the individuals who have responsibility for many beyond themselves.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put together the phytoplankton growth setup today in the fish room. Something new to try.
I am using bottles from orange soda from the dollar store. Poured that stuff down the drain. They are 2.75 liters
So one will allow me to add almost 400ml a day for a week. I started two and if they go well I will add another in 6 days.
Maybe I will try another flavor to pour down the drain.

I got an under gravel filter for the bait tank. I am hoping to cut down on the maintenance. It is also expensive to recharge the large cannister filter. I was somewhat disappointed the sponges don't wash well and aren't very reusable.
They don't come clean or hold their shape well.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the reverse flow undergravel filter in the guppy tank. It is powered by 2 Maxijet 1200s. Chewy.com has the filter plates. I added 2 air stones to give the water some movement. The fish have been a little stressed since I added 300 more last week. I cleaned the substrate and changed most of the water.

I found a dead fish stuck to one of the MP 60s. I did a head count and it was the tomini tang. The first tang I got and the oldest. The orange stripe had been giving him some trouble right at lights out but it had been better lately. He was fine yesterday.

PO4 was .06 today. I have a raging cyano outbreak. I am using a Maxijet held in my hand to break it up.
Nitrates are up to 25. I expected them to rise and they are.

The refugium is recovering from the fluconazole finally. The ulva is growing again.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquamaxx TS-2 has been assembled and charged. I am feeding it with a Maxijet 400.
It has about 2.5 kg of sulfur pellets, 1 liter of Matrix and 1 liter of CarRx media in it.

Now we wait. I had to order a nitrite test. I didn't have one anymore. I also ordered a Hanna low range nitrate checker
in a supreme mood of confidence that this is going to work.

OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first batch of Phyto is done. I made 5.5 liters. I started 3 new ones today. 3 is 8.25 liters.
IMG_3807-M.jpg

Tomorrow I start adding 400ml a day.

The number of things plugged in has become ridiculous in the fish room. I made a manifold driven by the pump
used for the biopellet reactor. It's a Simplicity 1600. It now drives the biopellet reactor, Sulfur denitrator, GFO reactor and the refugium. That let me remove 3 pumps.
IMG_3808-M.jpg

We got me a fridge for fish stuff.
IMG_3809-M.jpg

It's tiny but should hold the frozen food and phyto bottles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVNed

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stock tank I use for mixed water storage started leaking Saturday night. I had to drain it at 2am. I still have my Brut cans for emergencies. I got a new bung at Tractor Supply Sunday and glued it with JB Weld Waterweld instead of silicone I used the first time.
All fixed
IMG_3813-L.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back