WWC 12th Anniversary LIVE SALE! 2,500+ WYSIWYG Frags, 200+ $5 Frags, Raffle Prizes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone ordered got freebie or just some random?

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys plan and glue those tiny corals we all got from WWC, after putting it the frag rack for sometime, observe and then glue them in directly to the big rock structure (which can't be moved due to size or structure) or glue them into a small piece of rock and then arrange them into the rock structure so if we had to move we could easily. what are the pros and cons? Like to hear what others do.

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys plan and glue those tiny corals we all got from WWC, after putting it the frag rack for sometime, observe and then glue them in directly to the big rock structure (which can't be moved due to size or structure) or glue them into a small piece of rock and then arrange them into the rock structure so if we had to move we could easily. what are the pros and cons? Like to hear what others do.

Great question, I find my self struggling with as well. I have a nano tank, so it's always a tight squeeze and my rocks are tough to get out. I feel like I've attached my frags every way possible.

First and best method so far was I had a perfect frag-shaped hole in my rockwork and without glue just threw it in. It shifted once and never moved to this day, and the zoa's grew into my rockwork faster than any other. But without drilling holes this isn't possible for everything but might be worth the time in the next build because it encrusted so fast.

What I did most was cut the stem off the frag plug and glue the disc onto the rock. This is the easiest to manage actually getting the frag to stick to the rockwork. But to be honest, most of those frags haven't hit the rockwork yet. It has only been 3-4 months and they are looking bigger but I feel like they have an issue growing over the sides of the plug. Sometimes I had issues getting the cut clean off the bottom of the frag plug. Which caused when I glued them to teeter totter a little bit and one side being elevated off the rock work. I think in time they will all look like the first one but it is taking longer to encrust.

This time is a bit different, after talking to my LFS I decided to take a razor and remove some from the frag plug completely. The free frag I got this sale was a good confidence builder. And it went really well. I had some LPS which were a breeze to separate from the plug. Everything went better than expected, though I did lose a single polyp of bob Marley. The frag has 4-5 more and I'll chock that up to learning experience.

I think the best option might be what OP suggested and gluing the frag to rubble and find places where it will stick glue free. But I think it takes additional risks to do so.

I don't recommend anyone start slicing up your WWC frags once you get them. But I took this chance to progress in the hobby a bit and hopefully in a few months I can say it was a good decision.

Also the tip on the WWC acclimation guide is gold. The superglue, epoxy, superglue "sticky frag sandwich" is great at getting those frags to stick.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And while I’m thinking about it y’all were kind enough to swap out a coral that was marked Jedi mindtrick but was a flower petal monti; however not sure what swapped out for for its placement. Can you tell what it is from my terrible picture?
665775F0-0DE5-4E1B-96B5-320476897985.jpeg
Tyree Montipora Aequituberculata

Harrkim120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, I find my self struggling with as well. I have a nano tank, so it's always a tight squeeze and my rocks are tough to get out. I feel like I've attached my frags every way possible.

First and best method so far was I had a perfect frag-shaped hole in my rockwork and without glue just threw it in. It shifted once and never moved to this day, and the zoa's grew into my rockwork faster than any other. But without drilling holes this isn't possible for everything but might be worth the time in the next build because it encrusted so fast.

What I did most was cut the stem off the frag plug and glue the disc onto the rock. This is the easiest to manage actually getting the frag to stick to the rockwork. But to be honest, most of those frags haven't hit the rockwork yet. It has only been 3-4 months and they are looking bigger but I feel like they have an issue growing over the sides of the plug. Sometimes I had issues getting the cut clean off the bottom of the frag plug. Which caused when I glued them to teeter totter a little bit and one side being elevated off the rock work. I think in time they will all look like the first one but it is taking longer to encrust.

This time is a bit different, after talking to my LFS I decided to take a razor and remove some from the frag plug completely. The free frag I got this sale was a good confidence builder. And it went really well. I had some LPS which were a breeze to separate from the plug. Everything went better than expected, though I did lose a single polyp of bob Marley. The frag has 4-5 more and I'll chock that up to learning experience.

I think the best option might be what OP suggested and gluing the frag to rubble and find places where it will stick glue free. But I think it takes additional risks to do so.

I don't recommend anyone start slicing up your WWC frags once you get them. But I took this chance to progress in the hobby a bit and hopefully in a few months I can say it was a good decision.

Also the tip on the WWC acclimation guide is gold. The superglue, epoxy, superglue "sticky frag sandwich" is great at getting those frags to stick.
If I can't get the frag off the plug I'll also use some wire snips and break pieces of the frag disk off to get a more natural look and to remove more contaminants that I might not want in my tank such as algae.
25d62ae885b559a4521f7d63faef0a77.jpg

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone ordered got freebie or just some random?
WWC offered free frag to anyone who purchased the shipping module early & posted a pic of their fav WWC coral. They usually do something like this every sale. So make a note and join in next sale. They give great stuff

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC offered free frag to anyone who purchased the shipping module early & posted a pic of their fav WWC coral. They usually do something like this every sale. So make a note and join in next sale. They give great stuff
thanks good to know

Joe E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in today. Pretty happy with my order everything is doing great! 2nd live sale I've done. Green slimer was my free frag Thanks @WWC
IMG_20190802_165001.jpeg
IMG_20190802_164955.jpeg
Was this the random 4 pack?

TheCodFather

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the results: https://app.randompicker.com/Project/Result.aspx?ID=624287

Jeanette Lopez - 1: WWC Bowerbanki Pack (WWC Obliterator, WWC Cherry Pie, WWC Blue Hole) = $337 Value
FragileReefer - 2: WWC Chalice Pack (WWC Fire Melon, WWC Space Invader Mycedium) = $319 value
Tom Pickersgill - 3: WWC Taser Zoas = $299 value)
Art Nava
- 4: Chemi-Pure Pack #1
Jason Pineda - 5: Chemi-Pure Pack #2

Congrats to the winners! Thanks to everyone who participated!

We will be in contact with the winners shortly regarding your prizes.
@WWC will the winners be notified via R2R or email? Just want to make sure I dont miss this. Cant believe I won!

greezeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything in tank. Looking great other than one of the birdsnest is losing some polyps. Hopefully it bounces back. Sorry about the terrible photo, I need to pickup some filters.

Thanks for the john deere leptastrea I have been pestering you guys about. My 5yo is super excited. :)
20190806_164314.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything in tank. Looking great other than one of the birdsnest is losing some polyps. Hopefully it bounces back. Sorry about the terrible photo, I need to pickup some filters.

Thanks for the john deere leptastrea I have been pestering you guys about. My 5yo is super excited. :)
20190806_164314.jpg

No problem, just keep us posted on the Birdsnest and we will take care of it for you. Glad you like the John Deere Leptastrea :)

CarChase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m realy impressed with the frags from the live sale. They look just as good or better than the photos. Anyone considering a WWC live sale should go for it. I was frustrated at first but stuck with it and got some great corals! The 4 pack they sent had some amazing corals, so worth it!!

AA193F5B-7F28-4136-86FD-A98D747BEBE4.jpeg E4B64A01-882F-4177-BD64-58916F034A58.jpeg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new acro’s seem to be acclimating well to the tank the Cold Blooded Austera bleached a bit but it still has polyp extension so I’m hoping it pulls through. They are 4 days into my 7 day light acclimation then I will move them into a brighter part of the tank and finally mount them in the rocks.

8977b3a9349d3ce4d7f7ae7974f76d04.jpg

f1800741c0549cfff57bd23a485f13b3.jpg

d7106e98488b2a52dc1b4f2245921d6e.jpg

862ed68eb8d0a8001938037ebfcbab37.jpg

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m realy impressed with the frags from the live sale. They look just as good or better than the photos. Anyone considering a WWC live sale should go for it. I was frustrated at first but stuck with it and got some great corals! The 4 pack they sent had some amazing corals, so worth it!!

AA193F5B-7F28-4136-86FD-A98D747BEBE4.jpeg E4B64A01-882F-4177-BD64-58916F034A58.jpeg

Thanks for posting. Frags look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back