WWC 2020 Cyber Monday Cookie Monster Grow Out Contest

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just for fun.

Several of us bought a cookie monster acro form the WWC Cyber Monday Sale and thought it would be fun to track the growth progress of the frags. When you get your frag, post a picture of it. I'll try to update my picture each week. If you want to participate, post a picture at least once a month. I will buy a $25 gift card for WWC for whoever has the biggest frag by December 2021, but you have to post as least once a month and the first picture has to be posted by the end of December.

To the winner goes the spoils!

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just picked up my WWC corals. Here is my Cookie Monster in my tank:)

1F373201-BE19-44D9-B108-DE0484E5D372.jpeg

l‘ll let him hang out on the sand bed for a week or two, then I’ll put him up on the rocks.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an A. Sarmentosa? If so, a great SPS for people to try out. Very hardy and can take a huge range of PAR, also generally very forgiving on parameters....as far as SPS go.
i think so as well, i reached out to WWC via email to get more info on all the corals i ordered and i asked for taxonomy names if they could provide them, maybe we will get a direct answer

matt199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just for fun.

Several of us bought a cookie monster acro form the WWC Cyber Monday Sale and thought it would be fun to track the growth progress of the frags. When you get your frag, post a picture of it. I'll try to update my picture each week. If you want to participate, post a picture at least once a month. I will buy a $25 gift card for WWC for whoever has the biggest frag by December 2021, but you have to post as least once a month and the first picture has to be posted by the end of December.

To the winner goes the spoils!
I’m going to WWC tomorrow if I can get my hands on one can I get involved?

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy that so many people are excited about this. I’ll definitely do it for another coral in the future if people enjoy it.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well dang I missed out on the buying the Cookie Monster last go round!!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was playing it cool, but yes, a pretty huge head start.
Well, do we want to do it by distance from base or by branches? We can decide while we’re waiting on everyone to get theirs in. My thought it distance from base since I think they’ll all be around the same starting size then.

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, do we want to do it by distance from base or by branches? We can decide while we’re waiting on everyone to get theirs in. My thought it distance from base since I think they’ll all be around the same starting size then.
They both would be tough to judge, i would have to say distance from base, but we could also post a starting photo and a end photo and vote on which one looks best. Only because depth in the tank and other coral sizes may dwarf or enlarge the frag.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back