Wwc budgie smuggler! Who’s got it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, it's alright. I have better looking acros and I also have worse. The pink polyps are definitely unique. Still adjusting to my system and I think it will only get better as it grows. Wasn't anywhere near my mortgage payment, closer to my truck payment lol
20190311_082842.jpg

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, it's alright. I have better looking acros and I also have worse. The pink polyps are definitely unique. Still adjusting to my system and I think it will only get better as it grows. Wasn't anywhere near my mortgage payment, closer to my truck payment lol
20190311_082842.jpg

Either way it’s still an EXPENSIVE piece. Do you have any new growth on it?

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very slow grower for me. Did absolutely nothing for awhile, mostly because I kept moving it. Finally starting to see some polyp extension on both of them and encrusting. One of them is starting to color up a bit.

DSC_2892.jpg

DSC_2893.jpg

One just wasn’t enough? Nice [emoji1360]

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it's okay. Mine hasn't done much of anything growth/color wise. I keep it around 300 par, haven't messed with it too much in terms of moving it yet. The polyps are a nice pink/reddish color. Hopefully mine starts to settle in and grow

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very slow grower for me. Did absolutely nothing for awhile, mostly because I kept moving it. Finally starting to see some polyp extension on both of them and encrusting. One of them is starting to color up a bit.

DSC_2892.jpg

DSC_2893.jpg
What PAR are you keeping your frags at?

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What PAR are you keeping your frags at?

They are sitting at about 250 PAR for 8 hours with 2 hours on each end ramping up and down. If I go much higher I scorch some softies, but I have been slowly decreasing the ramp up and down time to just increase the overall daily par. That does seem to not affect the softies as much. I did have it higher up in the tank at one point and it started to bleach out, well grey out, but that probably had more to do with my tanks nutrients bottoming out around that time, then it did with the PAR levels.

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sitting at about 250 PAR for 8 hours with 2 hours on each end ramping up and down. If I go much higher I scorch some softies, but I have been slowly decreasing the ramp up and down time to just increase the overall daily par. That does seem to not affect the softies as much. I did have it higher up in the tank at one point and it started to bleach out, well grey out, but that probably had more to do with my tanks nutrients bottoming out around that time, then it did with the PAR levels.

Yeah I'm pretty similar, 250-300 PAR for about 6 hrs on sps ab+. My tank is pretty low on nutrients so I'm running a lower alk of 7.8 to 8.1. Just having issues trying to really get it growing. Going to try and get nitrates up some/around 5 to see if it helps.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm pretty similar, 250-300 PAR for about 6 hrs on sps ab+. My tank is pretty low on nutrients so I'm running a lower alk of 7.8 to 8.1. Just having issues trying to really get it growing. Going to try and get nitrates up some/around 5 to see if it helps.

My Alk is steady at 9.0 with Calcium at 450 and Magnesium at 1600. With the fuge now doing its job my Nitrates sit around 5.0 and Phosphates around 0.05 pretty consistently. For the longest time I ran pellets and GFO, and nutrients were just all over the place. I ignored the advice to just get rid of the two for far too long, and struggled with the endless battle of cyano and dynos, most likely due to Phosphates bottoming out. Finally I followed the advice and just yanked the pellets and GFO, got the fuge running, and now just dose Microbacter7. Took about 30 days and now the sand is clear, no cyano and no dyno's. Tank has never looked better and growth has been great. I can now feel comfortable slowly increasing the light periods overall PAR and see how that works. But in the end it is a mixed tank so if I have to suffer some poor coloration to keep everyone happy then so be it. The next tank will be higher light and SPS dominate.

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alk is steady at 9.0 with Calcium at 450 and Magnesium at 1600. With the fuge now doing its job my Nitrates sit around 5.0 and Phosphates around 0.05 pretty consistently. For the longest time I ran pellets and GFO, and nutrients were just all over the place. I ignored the advice to just get rid of the two for far too long, and struggled with the endless battle of cyano and dynos, most likely due to Phosphates bottoming out. Finally I followed the advice and just yanked the pellets and GFO, got the fuge running, and now just dose Microbacter7. Took about 30 days and now the sand is clear, no cyano and no dyno's. Tank has never looked better and growth has been great. I can now feel comfortable slowly increasing the light periods overall PAR and see how that works. But in the end it is a mixed tank so if I have to suffer some poor coloration to keep everyone happy then so be it. The next tank will be higher light and SPS dominate.
Keep this thread updated. I'll be curious to see how ours differ as they grow out. Mine is in a Zeovit system, undetectable NO3 and PO4 of .012. 400 par halide/ t5/ reefbrite hybrid

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_2892.jpg

DSC_2893.jpg

Did I mention its a slow grower.....Geez.

DSC_3048.JPG

DSC_3050.JPG

Back