WWC Coral Club Experience? Tell me if it's worth it with pics if possible!

Meangrumpy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Brand new reefer here. Tank is about 1 month old and only have 4 small frags now. I'm looking at the WWC Coral Club and wondering if it would be good for me. I was thinking of doing it for 3 months for I'm assuming 15 frags total by the end. That seems like a steal for $300, but I'm nervous about it. If they send nice, colorful frags, I'm all for it. But I don't want to pay for bottom rung stuff that is not nice looking. I'm a realist. I know there won't be any super rare stuff in the packs. But have any of you found that it is a good value especially for a new reefer?

Honestly, I'd probably go for only soft and LPS coral. MAYBE some zoas, not sure yet. I just don't think my tank or my experience is ready yet for SPS. There's a few things on my "gotta have" list, and I'm wondering if it's possible to perhaps luck out and receive any of them in my subscription. I know I want bubble coral (preferably green), any flavor of torch, hammer coral, and maybe a trumpet coral. Honestly, I've never seen any "frags" of these in my LFS yet. Not sure if they are just not getting any of these in stock, or if those are corals that usually aren't sold as small frags. I also don't really know if any of those are considered higher end corals that would likely be out of scope for a subscription like this. Fingers crossed!

Reading previous forum posts on this, it looks like they used to have different tiers, but now only have one tier. I haven't seen much forum discussion on the single tier and am curious of the level of livestock provided in that tier. If any of you can share your experience and possibly pictures of what you got, I would greatly appreciate it. If it looks like a solid value, I'll likely pull the trigger on a 3 month subscription.

Thanks for your help!

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its your first tank at only a month old id hold off on coral for a while.

That being said the guys at WWC have some of the best aquacultured coral out there. Their prices reflect that but comes with a gaurentee of no pests and the better chance of survival vs mariculture or wild coral. I did their coral club for 3 months. For a 100 bucks a month you get 5 frags and one random item. They are small but the variety is nice and they would cost more to buy them individually. They also keep track of what corals youve purchased from them previously so you dont get repeats. I liked it.

M Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always check your lfs first and compare prices (I've gotten amazing stuff for real cheap).
Sometimes, when you order online, the product doesn't always resemble the picture. That's because the picture was taken under specific lighting that you may not have in your tank.
I've once got a wysiwyg from wwc on ebay and the coral didn't not look like the picture.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy local. You’ll save a lot of money.
also your tank is still too new for corals. Take it slow and you’ll save a lot of money and headaches.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy local. You’ll save a lot of money.
also your tank is still too new for corals. Take it slow and you’ll save a lot of money and headaches.
+1. WWC is definitely better than other suppliers I've bought from, especially on the pest front. My suggestion would be to give your tank some time to stabilize and build bacteria cultures a bit longer as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back