WWC Cyber Monday LIVE SALE 2017! Shop 'til your mouse breaks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sunnyc90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Congrats to all. I was so bust with my new frags that I got from cyber Monday that i missed this awesome contest. Maybe next time.

QiLe_ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, could you please tell me your photos is what kind of camera? Were taken on the water or underwater photography? What is the lighting lamps and lanterns of?

P1FFyFl00DzAQUArium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONGRATS WINNERS!!! I really thought I had a shot at Ironman oh well was worth it either way cause i'm getting some amazing stuff on Tues :) *fingerscrossed* ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting I'll prob post shots after i get them, i went mostly SPS Acros and theyre goin to light my tank up!! So excited!! ;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONGRATS WINNERS!!! I really thought I had a shot at Ironman oh well was worth it either way cause i'm getting some amazing stuff on Tues :) *fingerscrossed* ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting I'll prob post shots after i get them, i went mostly SPS Acros and theyre goin to light my tank up!! So excited!! ;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp
looking forward to your pics! I'm working on an Unboxing vid...should be up tonight or tomorrow!

[emoji170] [emoji225]

Ocean Lotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 corals I got after the sale are showing up tomorrow. That makes today tank cleaning day. I broke out my tank cleaning filter I affectionately named Super Duce and put it on the tank. It is a 750 gph Little Giant pump on a filter with 14 Sq feet of filter area and a carbon cup that holds close to a qt of carbon. Then I blow the sand and rock with a 300 gph pump. The tank goes from being able to see an inch into it to perfectly clear in about 15 mins. Will post is of my corals if I can get some not blue is with my galaxy phone.

View attachment 20171204_110704.jpg

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 corals I got after the sale are showing up tomorrow. That makes today tank cleaning day. I broke out my tank cleaning filter I affectionately named Super Duce and put it on the tank. It is a 750 gph Little Giant pump on a filter with 14 Sq feet of filter area and a carbon cup that holds close to a qt of carbon. Then I blow the sand and rock with a 300 gph pump. The tank goes from being able to see an inch into it to perfectly clear in about 15 mins. Will post is of my corals if I can get some not blue is with my galaxy phone.

View attachment 20171204_110704.jpg

That's some die hard tank cleaning action there!! If you get some pictures please share more

Ocean Lotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some die hard tank cleaning action there!! If you get some pictures please share more
Thanks. I will share. I did tank maintained center when I lived in Dallas in the mid 80s and this is my filter I used. Costumers loved how fast I could clean their tank. So did I.

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silver Lining: Just be glad you didn't get GSP....I would have been very upset to see a Frag of GSP! That stuff is NOT welcome in my tank! [emoji23]

Thanks for sharing though...this lets me know to stick to buying WYSIWYG. Sorry you had that experience. [emoji20]

[emoji170] [emoji225]
It wasn't a "bad" experience. That is the chance you take with a grab bag. Like you said it could have been worse. I guess I have been spoilt. The grab bags I have received from others have all been much better. With a reputation like WWC and knowing they just sold in one day more corals than the average store sells in a year along with their comment you won't be disappointed I had my expectation to high. When I seen the sheet of what they said I was getting I was still happy. I have been to their store many times. They have the best selection and quality of frags and even some of the best prices on colonies. Had I got three decent frags i would have felt I did good. The frags I got just didn't look like they can from them. The zoas still haven't opened. They said I got a punk bubblegum but I didn't. Had I got a decent frag of that I may have felt completely different. What I got may be great for many people. That is why I posted a picture of every frag. To me the difference is I went Saturday to Top Shelf Aquatics and bought some frags and paid half as much. I sent pictures to my friend showing off my new pets. Out of 9 corals i got from WWC I did have any I wanted to brag to my friends about. I will still buy from them but I will make sure it is WYSIWYG.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't a "bad" experience. That is the chance you take with a grab bag. Like you said it could have been worse. I guess I have been spoilt. The grab bags I have received from others have all been much better. With a reputation like WWC and knowing they just sold in one day more corals than the average store sells in a year along with their comment you won't be disappointed I had my expectation to high. When I seen the sheet of what they said I was getting I was still happy. I have been to their store many times. They have the best selection and quality of frags and even some of the best prices on colonies. Had I got three decent frags i would have felt I did good. The frags I got just didn't look like they can from them. The zoas still haven't opened. They said I got a punk bubblegum but I didn't. Had I got a decent frag of that I may have felt completely different. What I got may be great for many people. That is why I posted a picture of every frag. To me the difference is I went Saturday to Top Shelf Aquatics and bought some frags and paid half as much. I sent pictures to my friend showing off my new pets. Out of 9 corals i got from WWC I did have any I wanted to brag to my friends about. I will still buy from them but I will make sure it is WYSIWYG.
We usually make sure there are a couple nice frags in every pack. You are comparing a bargain live sale frag pack at $10 per frag to other vendors "grab packs" which are typically around $25-$40 per frag. We have those on our site also, they are $99 for 5 frags and they have higher quality frags. Please stop by the shop and ask to talk to someone from online orders. We would be glad to give you a few more frags from the pack picks to be sure you are completely satisfied with your order.

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my gift certificate today ;Greedy ;Drool can’t wait to go on a shopping spree!! May just have to drive up to the store! Can’t believe after over 10 years in the hobby, multiple trips to Orlando, and only 1.5 hrs away I’ve never stepped foot in there :confused:
[emoji23] [emoji23] I live 2 hours away and drove down last month! You got to do better than that!

[emoji170] [emoji225]

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your blues should be 80%-100% for the entire schedule just ramp them in and out at beginning and end. You can also have purple LEDs at this level if you prefer we like them a little lower around 50%.

Your whites should be on 3-5 hours a day at around 25%-50%. When the whites are on you can mix in a little green (10%-20%) and red (5%-10%). It's all subjective how you run these really. We just prefer these colors and have had a lot of success running them after experimenting with many different ways to run Radions over the years.

how far above the water surface are the lights? and I assume no tank is deeper than 8-12 inches?

BigMulliATX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got my corals was pleased with the packing unfortunately I did not get many wysiwg. So I purchased a random pack. All and all was pleased all corals are coloring up nicely except one which was questionable when I got it but it is a coral I already have so not a big deal (don’t think it will make it). I did not follow the arrive alive procedures so it is my fault was hoping for the best. I will definitely buy again from WWC. What I thought was awesome when I talked to WWC I asked for all sps in my random pack and that is exactly what I got. They really seem to have great customer service.

I do have a question is the WWC sloth a digi?

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT'S FINALLY HERE! MY WWC UNBOXING AND CORAL CARE VIDEO! Sorry it took so long, but I like my editing to be ON POINT! Hope you enjoy and thanks again WWC for another great sale! Also, don't forget to subscribe on YouTube: Blue Damsel *wink wink* [emoji170][emoji225]

Steven w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I frequently do the live sales. I don’t always do the random packs because I’m kinda particular with my tank. But I can tell you when I did I got a cherry Garcia chalice and a strawberry shortcake Acro in one. Also they definitely pay attention to purchase history. As an avid zoa collector they notice the trend and usually add one as my bonus frag and is always a hit. Got magicians last sale and got armor of God’s on this one. Love the live sales on R2R

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got my corals was pleased with the packing unfortunately I did not get many wysiwg. So I purchased a random pack. All and all was pleased all corals are coloring up nicely except one which was questionable when I got it but it is a coral I already have so not a big deal (don’t think it will make it). I did not follow the arrive alive procedures so it is my fault was hoping for the best. I will definitely buy again from WWC. What I thought was awesome when I talked to WWC I asked for all sps in my random pack and that is exactly what I got. They really seem to have great customer service.

I do have a question is the WWC sloth a digi?

The WWC Sloth is a Staghorn Acropora, happy to hear that you were pleased with your order!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how far above the water surface are the lights? and I assume no tank is deeper than 8-12 inches?

Most of our lights are 14-16 inches off of our tanks depedning on the system and most of our tanks are at least 24" deep

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my gift certificate today ;Greedy ;Drool can’t wait to go on a shopping spree!! May just have to drive up to the store! Can’t believe after over 10 years in the hobby, multiple trips to Orlando, and only 1.5 hrs away I’ve never stepped foot in there :confused:

You have to come by and check out the facility next time you are in Orlando, you won't regret it ;)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10,000 posts everyone this is awesome!! Thank you all for a great Live Sale!

giphy (16).gif

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back