WWC Mixed frag pack just came in

mattdumitrescu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my frag pack from WWC to start off my coral collection for my new tank. Wanted to show you guys what i got to see what its worth and some general tips for care.
Heres what i got.
-dragon soul goniastra
-blue ring acan(mostly orange tho)
-red hot discosoma
-cat eye zoas
-WWC aussie golden eye chalice
Let me know what you guys think. I paid 90 for all of this and most of the corals came with atleast 3 heads excpet mushroom and the dragon.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sight unseen, an average of less than $20 per frag seems like fair prices in today's market.

OP
OP
mattdumitrescu

mattdumitrescu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding!!! Lol
not the best pics but heres what they look like

20200811_200248.jpg 20200811_200112.jpg 20200811_200240.jpg

OP
OP
mattdumitrescu

mattdumitrescu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol $90 for that, ya I’d be ticked. Just like I bout the 4 pack mixed in a lice sale , 99% of
The frags went straight in the trash. Nothing but cheap trash corals imo
he’s asking if it was worth it and the answer is, no
thanks for the feedback, im still new to this and not really sure what stuff is worth. Im not mad tho i rather learn with these corals then other stuff. money aint a huge issue

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the feedback, im still new to this and not really sure what stuff is worth. Im not mad tho i rather learn with these corals then other stuff. money aint a huge issue

ya we all live n learn, I learned the way you did as well, and won’t ever buy a mystery pack again. I’d rather have a tank of stuff I hand pick because I like rather then stuff I don’t like and just have to live with.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them all except the chalice that's about it. But overall it was worth in my eyes
That's all that matters.:)

I am glad you like the frags you received, the acan may surprise you. I went to WWC while I was down for the 2019 Macna and bought a nice, but cheap acan. Well, after if colored up and grew out it quickly became one of my favorites as the colors blossomed.

OP
OP
mattdumitrescu

mattdumitrescu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all that matters.:)

I am glad you like the frags you received, the acan may surprise you. I went to WWC while I was down for the 2019 Macna and bought a nice, but cheap acan. Well, after if colored up and grew out it quickly became one of my favorites as the colors blossomed.
i plan on making a zoa acan garden so right now i just want variety, which is why i went with the pack

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i plan on making a zoa acan garden so right now i just want variety, which is why i went with the pack
I do feel that going with a pack gives you less control on what you want in the garden. You will find that you will see so many frags that you want, but no longer have room for. If possible I would go to a show, though they are hard to find in the current conditions, to find the frags that will appeal to you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back