WWC Mixed frag pack just came in

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please, lets keep this thread on point. :)

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re one of the good ones sir. I’m in your boat. I’m selling Xenia colonies for $10 and WWC is Selling like five pulsers for $40 I really don’t understand how they can do that and sleep at night
You’re right! Last year, we went to Disney and figured stopped by to window shop. Dont get me wrong, they do have nice stuffs but the gsp frag is no different than the one that sells for $10 in any LfS or $5 on Craiglist or free like I do with any purchase.

They wanted $29.99 or $39.99, should have taken a picture to proof it.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re right! Last year, we went to Disney and figured stopped by to window shop. Dont get me wrong, they do have nice stuffs but the gsp frag is no different than the one that sells for $10 in any LfS or $5 on Craiglist or free like I do with any purchase.

They wanted $29.99 or $39.99, should have taken a picture to proof it.
It’s on their website... makes me sad cause stuff like this makes the hobby inaccessible to people who may not have a lot of money. Big companies jack up the prices so other hobbyists do the same and it gets really unnecessarily expensive really fast

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s on their website... makes me sad cause stuff like this makes the hobby inaccessible to people who may not have a lot of money. Big companies jack up the prices so other hobbyists do the same and it gets really unnecessarily expensive really fast
Absolutely agree.

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re one of the good ones sir. I’m in your boat. I’m selling Xenia colonies for $10 and WWC is Selling like five pulsers for $40 I really don’t understand how they can do that and sleep at night

It's hard to compare prices of corals that hobbyists are selling vs. businesses as they have far greater expenses than you

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, overpaid imo, especially compared to a lfs and other vendors. They are known for being the most expensive for everyday in this case or exclusive corals. But if your happy with it that's all that counts. Not gonna get any killer deals from WWC. Sometimes slightly ok but the majority of the time you pay a premium for them were they are cheaper on other sites. Learned this hard costly lesson myself many years ago when I didnt know any better. Shop around next time and compare, might save you quite bit of $$$$$

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to compare prices of corals that hobbyists are selling vs. businesses as they have far greater expenses than you
Partially right. If you read everything I wrote above, most lfs would price gsp at around $10 per frag, not $30 or $40, that too me it’s a rip off! Plus they’re so easy to frag and grow. If you support that kind of practice, good for you and them.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup especially it starts when you through some fancy made up name in the front and it instantly glorify it. I always shop around like everything else in life. I earned my money hard like most of us here, be smart about guys and girls, don’t be fooled.

Shwammy77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my frag pack from WWC to start off my coral collection for my new tank. Wanted to show you guys what i got to see what its worth and some general tips for care.
Heres what i got.
-dragon soul goniastra
-blue ring acan(mostly orange tho)
-red hot discosoma
-cat eye zoas
-WWC aussie golden eye chalice
Let me know what you guys think. I paid 90 for all of this and most of the corals came with atleast 3 heads excpet mushroom and the dragon.
Do you have any pics of how the coral you got from the frag pack look now? I love the idea of getting mystery corals, especially as you are getting started. How do you know what corals you will love until you try them out in your tank?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back