WWC TimeSplitter 2-Day LIVE SALE! 24 hours, 1200 corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to get my FedEx driver fired.

10:06am, scanned in Queens as on vehicle for delivery. 10:06am, scanned in Queens (I live in Brooklyn) as delivery exception, customer not available, will re-attempt delivery Tuesday. There's no notice on the door and I happened to be outside at 10:06. I called and complained. They said they will re-attempt delivery. I doubt it's even on the truck. He's done this with my other packages, but those weren't overnighted with the words "rush. live animals" on the side.

Mael

Bridgeburner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait, having them hold it at fedex and grabbing on lunch break.....should have brought my blue flashlight, the afternoon is going to go so slow.

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like a adult Christmas over here. Sorry to hear your having delays.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are such little children. I've got my daughter waiting for Mr. FedEx. I will take an "extended lunch break" when I receive her call :D

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my dip station ready to go. Just waiting on Fedex now.
It feels like Christmas LOL.
I am so easily amused.
IMG_1259.JPG

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. If I had a car, I would see if I could intercept it, but I don't. In New York, UPS and USPS are much more reliable than FedEx.
I live 2 miles from my FedEx hub. A month ago I ordered some corals from Oregon, 70 miles away. They landed in Seattle, then apparently wanted to visit the ocean before landing in my tank, so they boarded a plane for the coast....I will give FedEx kudos, when I explained what was in the box they delivered it to me that evening when the plane came back from Port Angeles WA. Thankfully they were well packed and well heated, everything was fine.

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drip acculmating now, dip setup is ready to go. My free frag is a zoa/pally of some sort.... I guess that will be the present behind the tree that I forgot about... when it opens..lol

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drip acculmating now, dip setup is ready to go. My free frag is a zoa/pally of some sort.... I guess that will be the present behind the tree that I forgot about... when it opens..lol
Noob question: What is the purpose of drip acclimating if we are going to put them in the coral dip? Isn't that going to shock the hell out of them anyway. (Dip is made with my tank water) I have wondered that one.

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 2 miles from my FedEx hub. A month ago I ordered some corals from Oregon, 70 miles away. They landed in Seattle, then apparently wanted to visit the ocean before landing in my tank, so they boarded a plane for the coast....I will give FedEx kudos, when I explained what was in the box they delivered it to me that evening when the plane came back from Port Angeles WA. Thankfully they were well packed and well heated, everything was fine.
Yeah, when I spoke to customer service and explained everything was going to die and what was in the box, they said they will try to deliver today. The customer service is great. I think it's the warehouse and drivers that are cutting corners so they're numbers look good on making deadlines. I think the warehouse saw the 10:30 deadline at 10:06 and scanned it as attempted delivery.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noob question: What is the purpose of drip acclimating if we are going to put them in the coral dip? Isn't that going to shock the hell out of them anyway. (Dip is made with my tank water) I have wondered that one.

I assume you meant "Drip" acclimating. Some people want to transition the corals slowly to their tank's parameters.. particularly alk. Big alk swings can be tough, especially on sps. I personally will just be floating the bags for 20 minutes or so to get the temp up slowly, then to the dip batch using my tank water.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you meant "Drip" acclimating. Some people want to transition the corals slowly to their tank's parameters.. particularly alk. Big alk swings can be tough, especially on sps. I personally will just be floating the bags for 20 minutes or so to get the temp up slowly, then to the dip batch using my tank water.

sorry you did say "drip" :D, sorry hard to read on my phone while at work! :D

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've onlybeen in the hobby since last october. It's just the process that I settled on and setup. Not sure if there is any real benifit. Like you said the dip is going to pissem off real good.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I was rereading and was a bit confused. Anyway thanks so much for the response, that does help.

As a furher FYI.. the first I do when I remove them from their bags, after floating, is remove them from their plugs. After the dip and rinse, I put them on a new plug. I have been told that eggs like to hang out on frag plugs and dips don't kill eggs.

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the same... I am just starting out, so I'm not there yet. My plan in a year is to have qt tank for everything and go real crazy with everything. Once I upgrade to my big boy tank. I m running 20 L right now in my corner of the basement as a "trial hobby" as my wife called it 6 months ago and a 1k later... lol

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a furher FYI.. the first I do when I remove them from their bags, after floating, is remove them from their plugs. After the dip and rinse, I put them on a new plug. I have been told that eggs like to hang out on frag plugs and dips don't kill eggs.

And a lot of times the dips don't kill the bugs, it just shocks them so they will fall off. But if they're inside a plug, they won't falls off. That's also why it's important to use a turkey baster to blast them with water or swish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back