WWC's Coral Maynia Live Sale! 3600 Frags at up to 80% OFF!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

RedRiverReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really impressed with the @WWC web team and host for being able to run an event like this where people are hitting the site thousands of times a minute and it's not flagged as a security threat or crashing the server. I bet it takes a lot of work leading up to an event like this and I really appreciate it
They are doing fantastic

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
palytoxin scares me with zoa fragging

Unless you eat a Zoanthid, you have nothing to fear from them. Smaller Zoas, are pretty much benign.

However a true Palythoa is not to be trifled with. You must take precautions, but even unless you are stupid (licking your fingers, rubbing your eyes, breathing in their juices while fragging them) you will be fine. Just make sure to wear safety glasses, a mask and gloves.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not missing much. Saving money is more like what you are doing.
Hahaha. Only missing it cause I’m at reef a Palooza. Having a blast hanging out with everyone.

valentib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you eat a Zoanthid, you have nothing to fear from them. Smaller Zoas, are pretty much benign.

However a true Palythoa is not to be trifled with. You must take precautions, but even then if you are stupid (licking your fingers, rubbing your eyes, breathing in their juices while fragging them) you will be fine. Just make sure to wear safety glasses, a mask and gloves.
Licking Fingers Nick Scarpino GIF by Kinda Funny

WWC-BOT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TorchJester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

However a true Palythoa is not to be trifled with. You must take precautions, but even then if you are stupid (licking your fingers, rubbing your eyes, breathing in their juices while fragging them) you will be fine. Just make sure to wear safety glasses, a mask and gloves.
I heard a story about a guy boiling a rock that had been out of the tank for awhile but because it had had a paly on it... the steam he inhaled put him in the hospital and he was not in good shape.... So so long as you don't boil them or expose an open cut to them you are fine most likely.... you can get sick from touching them to bare skin though. This one marine biologist had a whole talk session on them and talks about a story where a whole tank he had was wiped out from a paly he had in the tank for over a decade... It takes awhile I think for them to build up toxins that are truly a threat to us or our tanks.

D_Roll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AcroBrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a story about a guy boiling a rock that had been out of the tank for awhile but because it had had a paly on it... the steam he inhaled put him in the hospital and he was not in good shape.... So so long as you don't boil them or expose an open cut to them you are fine most likely.... you can get sick from touching them to bare skin though.
I guess I won't share my Paly soup recipe here

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a story about a guy boiling a rock that had been out of the tank for awhile but because it had had a paly on it... the steam he inhaled put him in the hospital and he was not in good shape.... So so long as you don't boil them or expose an open cut to them you are fine most likely.... you can get sick from touching them to bare skin though.
The rock could also explode and kill you. Not a good idea all around.

Back