Wye Check Valve - Georg Fischer Review

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I want to say after installing this check valve bought from brs I truly like what I am seeing. you see I have a space issue in my fish room and my return pump sits a bit above the sumps waterline. this is a problem from time to time due to power loss.
when I lose or cut the power to the return all the water in the return line drains out into my sump, which makes repriming it a MF due to all the air getting pulled into the line, and draining all the water out

so I installed this Wye Check Valve -by Georg Fischer on the inlet side of my return line, just above the sumps waterline. ( star symbol) my theory was that this valve would close when power is cut and hold water in the return line making the action of priming my external pump or restarting the pump's flow a breeze or flawless. I am glad to report that it works just as I predicted it would. LOVE IT.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

20211020_154246.jpg

20211020_154234.jpg

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it too. From experience, make sure you keep it clean. Mine does get a lot of crud in the seal over time that prevents it from operating correctly. Now I make sure to clean it every few months. Works perfectly

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer an oversized sump to check valves, which are just another point of failure and maintenance.

Edit-- this wouldnt address your issue though...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back