Wyoming White clowns first refusing food and now one swimming with a heads up attitude.

Joe Coppenger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Wyoming white clown last week. It had always eaten well. I purchased a companion but it has not eaten. When I introduced it to the tank the original ran over an made a quick pas at it but then they paired up and have more or less swam in unison since then. the new addition would watch the one eat but not join in. now they are both not eating and the first fish had a heads up attitude this morning and seems lethargic. I put an air stone in to help oxygenate the tank but am hoping that it is not on a down hill health spiral. when asking the shop where it was purchased if there was any special food they were accustomed to they asked if it was swimming in that fashion as if it meant something but at that time there were not - just not eating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the fish? Perhaps someone can identify some visual tell tell signs of infection or disease.

What are you trying to feed them?
What were they fed at the store?

OP
OP
J

Joe Coppenger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the fish? Perhaps someone can identify some visual tell tell signs of infection or disease.

What are you trying to feed them?
What were they fed at the store?
Frozen Brine and Reef Frenzy LRS - when I asked the store what they had been feeding they said frozen brine - I'm at work and will be headed home after 4 - I can be more specific then - and picture then also. When I went to the store to ask what they had been feeding the girl there asked if they were swimming with heads up attitude as if it meant something but she is not in today and the other sales person doesn't seem to think I heard her correctly. at the time they were just not eating but still appearing normal. Thanks for the response and I will get better info and photos later this afternoon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back