WYSIWYG FISH Website Update

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
A bunch of new WYSIWYG fish have been added to the website. We'll be adding new WYSIWYG fish to the website every week or so.
These specimens have undergone extensive prophylactic treatments and are all eating well. They're chosen based on their feeding behavior, coloration, and overall health.
Questions can be directed to [email protected] or text/call 310-600-4816

More information on our conditioning/quarantine process can be found here:

bandit #1 true .jpg

black tang.jpg

crosshatch.jpg

flame pair.jpg

moorish idol.jpg

declivis.jpg

potter's.jpg

Last edited:

EmdeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You have some cool fish I’ve been wanting for a long time - unfortunately, due to a potential move no new fish at the moment :(

I’m not a fan of pics of fish out of water. No need to add extra stress, pics in well lit tanks should be good enough. Just my 2c

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
You have some cool fish I’ve been wanting for a long time - unfortunately, due to a potential move no new fish at the moment :(

I’m not a fan of pics of fish out of water. No need to add extra stress, pics in well lit tanks should be good enough. Just my 2c
Thanks for the feedback! We don't currently have a photography tank up and running but are working on it.
They were out of water for no more than 3-4 seconds so not too stressful, but you're right. These photos are just easier to take, but if people don't like them we'll definitely shift back to our previous ways.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
NICE fish and pics. How much for Potters??

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
The only fish that looks different underwater with aquarium lights is the black tang. This is a different photo of the specimen currently available...

black tang 2JPG.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score

We don't currently have any WYSIWYG Flame Wrasse, but Flame Wrasse are on SALE this week!

final flame.jpeg

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score

Thank god there's someone else that see's ZERO upside in taking pictures of fish out of the water, I know it's not going to kill them but why do it, bugs the ever living 'ish out of me that so many wholesalers/retailers have adopted this practice which is so unnecessary, doesn't shed one bit of light on the fishes health, condition, or how it looks in . . . oh I don't know, the water where it lives to stay alive! And not all fish cooperate for their out of water photo op, so it's not always just a few seconds of additional stress.

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
Also not a fan of taking them out of the water. It’s brief but it’s got to freak them out. Seems cruel to me, kinda like someone choking you where you can’t breathe.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank god there's someone else that see's ZERO upside in taking pictures of fish out of the water, I know it's not going to kill them but why do it, bugs the ever living 'ish out of me that so many wholesalers/retailers have adopted this practice which is so unnecessary, doesn't shed one bit of light on the fishes health, condition, or how it looks in . . . oh I don't know, the water where it lives to stay alive! And not all fish cooperate for their out of water photo op, so it's not always just a few seconds of additional stress.
Also not a fan of taking them out of the water. It’s brief but it’s got to freak them out. Seems cruel to me, kinda like someone choking you where you can’t breathe.
Thanks for the feedback! We're working on setting up the photography tank. This was more of a test and I'm glad you shared your input! If people don't like this way of photographing fish, we'll revert to our old setup.

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
You’re the experts and it’s just my opinion. I don’t think it hurts the fish but it still seems cruel. Wouldn’t stop me from purchasing from you though. I’ve actually looked into a couple of your fish and have you bookmarked, but you’re out of what I want. I missed my chance I guess.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
You’re the experts and it’s just my opinion. I don’t think it hurts the fish but it still seems cruel. Wouldn’t stop me from purchasing from you though. I’ve actually looked into a couple of your fish and have you bookmarked, but you’re out of what I want. I missed my chance I guess.
Well, we appreciate your opinion! What fish are you looking for? Most of what's on the site can be ordered. A couple exceptions are small black tangs, hybrid achilles tangs, and rhomboid wrasse

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m interested in a small moorish idol and a small blue throat trigger or copperband to add with the idol. I want to feed live brine to the idol to help it start eating(if it’s not already) and have debated on one of these two simultaneously as the copperband would benefit from the same feeding regimen and I just like the blue throat.

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
I bookmarked an idol you had but sold out of. I actually looked earlier to see if it was back in stock. I’ve had one before with success and I’m at the point where it could probably do well in my tank.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the "fish outta water" pics. I can see what I need to see while the fish is in the water. Looking forward to seeing pics when your new photography tank is up and running.

I realize Tide Pool Aquatics didn't start this trend. Not pointing fingers at all. I respect your openness and willingness to accept respectful feedback.

Be the industry leader! Set up that photography tank and make it the gold standard for all other vendors.

Best of luck with the business.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m interested in a small moorish idol and a small blue throat trigger or copperband to add with the idol. I want to feed live brine to the idol to help it start eating(if it’s not already) and have debated on one of these two simultaneously as the copperband would benefit from the same feeding regimen and I just like the blue throat.
I bookmarked an idol you had but sold out of. I actually looked earlier to see if it was back in stock. I’ve had one before with success and I’m at the point where it could probably do well in my tank.
If you'd like, you can send us an email and we can discuss getting those fish for you. We can't do the copperband but the others are obtainable. Thanks!

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Not a fan either. Kind of freaks me out to be honest.

But, nice fish. I actually gave up a Black Tang today and inherited a Moorish Idol and Flame Angel. Strange.
Thanks for the feedback! That is strange haha

Do you run TWO return pumps for redundancy and to be safe? (check all that apply)

• Yes I run two return pumps..

Votes: 119 21.6%
  • No it's a waste..

Votes: 63 11.5%
  • No but I would like to..

Votes: 132 24.0%
  • No but I have a spare return pump...

Votes: 266 48.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors