• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Wyze and Blink Mini Magnetic and Suction cup Camera Tank Mounts

OP
OP
K

kenneking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving kenneking's custom Mini Blink mount on my 180 gallon. I added the IceCap brand orange lens and can now see my tank in real colors.

Blink Mount.jpeg
Thanks for the kind words! I have more ready to ship in the blink and wyze version if anyone is interested!

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. I am interested and trying to figure out how to add an orange filter as well.

OP
OP
K

kenneking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much. I am interested and trying to figure out how to add an orange filter as well.
The mount is designed for have a phone filter lens to fit on the front. In that picture I have a yellow polyp labs filter on the mount. You can replace it with an orange one if you prefer.

OP
OP
K

kenneking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Old model vs new model! Just replaced one of my original models in a reef tank at my LFS. Now they can use their polyp labs filters in the mount. Let me know if anyone is interested, I have all models ready to ship!

275ED083-BF44-4E3E-BE5B-93012D2A8C12.jpeg

Josh@BVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can this work with a nest camera? if so ping me and i'll order 1. how well do the suction cups hold after time do they start to lose suction pretty quick or good grip for a long time. ive seen some that are trash after like a month

OP
OP
K

kenneking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can this work with a nest camera? if so ping me and i'll order 1. how well do the suction cups hold after time do they start to lose suction pretty quick or good grip for a long time. ive seen some that are trash after like a month
I have began looking into the ring stick up camera mount. I will be making a magnetic and suction version for it. I do not have one of those cameras, so I will need to get one for testing. I have used the suction cup mounts for about 5-6 months with the wyze camera. It never fell once.

I am not sure when the ring camera will be done, but the designing has began.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is a Wyze cam V2 with @kenneking magnet mount and red/orange Orphek filters stacked with lighting set to Radion WWC template which is super blue.

I believe to get the best video, the camera is going to have to come off the glass a bit or not have things close in the tank.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone upgraded to the new version three camera? Does it look better? Even with the poly labs orange filter it looks like crap.

OP
OP
K

kenneking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone upgraded to the new version three camera? Does it look better? Even with the poly labs orange filter it looks like crap.
I had the same issue with my v3. I believe it is the sensor. My v2s are perfect. I considered trying the polyp labs v2 Lens. It is polarized and a filter.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with my v3. I believe it is the sensor. My v2s are perfect. I considered trying the polyp labs v2 Lens. It is polarized and a filter.
I have the V2’s. I was hoping the v3 looked better. It’s all washed out and not clear at all. The colors don’t look anything like they do in person.

Attachments

• 9BE7D2D4-CA3C-4950-9D46-84008B84A09E.jpeg
    9BE7D2D4-CA3C-4950-9D46-84008B84A09E.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 165

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back