X1 PRO WiFi Dosing Pump vs X1 Single Bluetooth Micropump Doser

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to buy one to dose soda ash for alk
I use the X1 Pro because it can be dosed up to 24 times per day instead of 12 like the bluetooth version. It was a pain to connect, but it hasn't stopped working since. Been running it for 9 months now with no issues. I check it's calibration every so often and it has stayed rock solid. I dose saturated kalk to my system with it.

OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the X1 Pro because it can be dosed up to 24 times per day instead of 12 like the bluetooth version. It was a pain to connect, but it hasn't stopped working since. Been running it for 9 months now with no issues. I check it's calibration every so often and it has stayed rock solid. I dose saturated kalk to my system with it.
But you were finally able to connect it?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you were finally able to connect it?
It would have been really hard to use for 9 months if I didn't lol. If you decide to go this route, be patient with it. Oddly enough, you have to make sure you're connecting your internet to your routers 2.4ghz frequency or it won't work. Of course that's only if your router broadcasts in multiple frequencies.

OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have been really hard to use for 9 months if I didn't lol. If you decide to go this route, be patient with it. Oddly enough, you have to make sure you're connecting your internet to your routers 2.4ghz frequency or it won't work. Of course that's only if your router broadcasts in multiple frequencies.
Any other tips?

OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 of the bluetooth x1 pumps and think that they are great for dosing and the price is right. WiFi might be nice but not really necessary IMO.
Too bad the only one my lfs has is WiFi

OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The initial setup was odd for me. I can't even remember how I did it for sure. It wasn't what I'd consider horrible. I had them running in about an hour for all 3.
$90 a good deal?

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running three X1 Pros and I’m completely happy with them. There’s more than just the WiFi that’s different. The biggest difference is the built in battery backup. If it losses power it would t dump the dosing schedule or your WiFi info, a single push of a button gets it back on line. The dosing schedule and the minimum than can be dosed is also improved with the X1 pro.

The app could be better but it’s not completely horrible. It’s kind of clumsy to use.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back