Xenia looking pretty bad

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my i've had this xenia for the past 4/5 days and its looking pretty bad right now.

My nitrates and phosphates were at literally 0 the last few days so i turned off my skimmer and filtration to see if thats the problem.

Any suggestions?

20220116_123337.jpg

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same kind of xenia and it took about 10 days for it to fully start to open and thrive after I received it (ordered online). I'd say give it a bit more time and see how it does, is it getting flow where it's at?

OP
OP
entranced

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same kind of xenia and it took about 10 days for it to fully start to open and thrive after I received it (ordered online). I'd say give it a bit more time and see how it does, is it getting flow where it's at?
I put it in a low flow area, should i give it more flow?

Oh and do you know what's the name of this particular type of xenia?

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it in a low flow area, should i give it more flow?

Oh and do you know what's the name of this particular type of xenia?
I'm still new, but mine are in a low flow area and seem to do well.

Yours look just like mine, which is red sea pom pom xenia. Below are pictures of when mine came in a few months ago versus now (Now picture is not a good one, it is in a back corner and I was unable to get the full scope of the xenia as it expands away from camera down some):

FWj0Znz.jpeg
FA1DA7FD-3EFB-4F88-A44A-6BE3848CAD6B.jpeg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heh, mine look more purple than this, even used a filter but still cannot get the coloration, but they came in as a hitchhiker on my Psammocora (which I removed from the plug) as two little pompoms in late October and this is what they look like today.

1642373493057.png

They it's now 3 small stalks with 4-5 heads each all around the rim of the plug. I just wish it would transfer onto the rock so I can take the plug out. It's so small I don't want to try and cut it off the rock and rubberband it down.

OP
OP
entranced

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still new, but mine are in a low flow area and seem to do well.

Yours look just like mine, which is red sea pom pom xenia. Below are pictures of when mine came in a few months ago versus now (Now picture is not a good one, it is in a back corner and I was unable to get the full scope of the xenia as it expands away from camera down some):

FWj0Znz.jpeg
FA1DA7FD-3EFB-4F88-A44A-6BE3848CAD6B.jpeg
Yeah its like that one, at this point i'm just experimenting since i had it in low flow the last few days

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back