Xepta AutoBalance Automatically Measures AND Doses Ca, Mg & Alkalinity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto Balance is a new automatic water testing & dosing machine from a company called Xepta. We’ve never heard of Xepta before but they have a full range of additives with a strong emphasis on achieving proper ratios of reef aquarium chemistry. AutoBalance can automatically test for calcium, magnesium and alkalinity and it has three […]

Continue reading...

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if its true hopefully it works like they claim it does

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it's a 2 box system. The Autobalance only measures and doses ALK. You the need an additional add on unit called the aBex to measure and dose Cal and Mag.

ricardh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is not a Fake New if you read the Xepta Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/XeptaReef/posts/2292059004188369

https://www.facebook.com/XeptaReef/...0QgS92huUUmHR4bJCnKlL8BATFgaDytMztatU&fref=nf

May be in a few months will be on the market, and on whatsapp groups people talks that pricing will be about 400$ - 500$
I've read alot about it. Until they have units in people's hands for testing and reviews it's vapor ware. Ask anybody about how long they've been waiting for mindstream.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping this is really coming to market .. here is carlos talking about it..

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something worth the wait and money. Ion based testing is the way of future I believe. Let's see the details that should emerge soon.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope they have an option that doesnt include the dosing pumps. I want to have more control of what hardware I get. Id rather they focus on precision/accuracy and let us decide how to mange dosing.

Having dosing pumps as a separate option would be nice.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they have this offered no? What am I missing? Both ghl and xepta test for these, ghl dose as well.

The article says Xepta is Cal/Alk/Mag. GHL has the ION coming soon where it sounds like nitrate could be included but as for Phosphate... thats up in the air. Hopefully "to come eventually" but Phosphate testing is a whole other ballgame so who knows.

Aside from Reefbot using off-the-shelf test kits, there is no machine that test ALk/Nitrate/Phosphate (that im aware of)

Last edited:

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article says Xepta is Cal/Alk/Mag. GHL has the ION coming soon where it sounds like nitrate could be likely but as for Phosphate... thats up in the air. Hopefully to come eventually but Phosphate testing is a whole other ballgame so who knows.

Aside from Reefbot using off-the-shelf test kits, there is no machine that test ALk/Nitrate/Phosphate (that im aware of)
This video mentions nitrate being testable with the Xepta at about 5:05.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video mentions nitrate being testable with the Xepta at about 5:05.

"Nitrate, we're working on it. Its a little more difficult."

Thats pretty much what all companies say. "We hope to test for nitrates." Most of Xeptas marketing never mentions it :/ But since they're shooting for MACNA maybe there is more to be announced? Fingers crossed!

I'd imagine we'll get some definitive answers for this and GHLs ION during MACNA. If either are actually launching with nitrate tests... my bank account will not be pleased lol

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back