redacted

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious why spend 200$ on ato if the tunze ato is 200$?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you please explain how its installed?

Placement of output hose lower than the water level in your reservoir is likely the culprit and is user/installation error.
This will cause the full reservoir to siphon until equal with the level in the sump and will cause the XP to go into alarm.

Did you install the siphon break correctly if at all?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with my Duetto or whatever,it worked fine for about a month then I leave town for a month for work and the day after I leave my wife calls me at 10:30 at night screaming because my tank overflowed,then it happened 3 more times within 4 days...

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a bad unit and installed correctly then send it back. Im just trying to investigate because a lot of people write these units off so quick even though its user error with being installed wrong.

I had the same issue for the better part of 3 months until i finally just uninstalled it completely and finally found the root cause.
MY poor physics skills.....on top of a clogged siphon break oriface.

Thing has been running like a champ for the last year, for many vacations :)

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the duetto for almost a year with no problems. I believe it may have been a siphon issue if the ato reservoir water level was higher than the sump

Mooses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said; you need to be sure you have a siphon break. I just drilled a very small hole in the tube, about 2" below the top of the top off reservoir. This will break the siphon effect, as well as retain any water that may exit through the hole. It sounds like the system detected there was an issue & tried to correct the issue itself (failsafe). I'd check the owner's manual for troubleshooting, it should have scenarios listed that will tell you what causes it to behave like that.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuz I saw just as many complaints about the tunze as well and someone told me I had to drill a hole in my sump to install it.

Lol what!

You do not drill a hole in the sump! It's just a magnet.

I have had a tunze 3155 running for 7 years now without a failure or even needing a pump replacement.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the bucket directly in front of the sump, so it’s a little lower then the sump. It’s not back syphoning etc, the tube is on the other side of return zone 2 inches above the water. Syphon is fine, everything installed according to directions and videos. Literally it just won’t pump at all. When I hand fill the return to the correct level, the alarms are off. When the water evaporates the alarms come on, when I turn the return off the alarms come on, so the sensor is working, just the pump does nothing when the water level drops.
So it sounds like maybe you got a bad pump unit if the only issue is its not pumping.
Have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?
They responded promptly to my emails.
I know youre frusterated but it could be something simple as a bad pump and not the entire units fault.
Tunze has pump issues too.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to dump this junk back off at @WWC and they can have it back lol.

I got mine from the WWC Winter Park location.

I had my siphon break 1" above my water in my container,the container was next to my tank but the water level was not higher than my tank water level,which makes no sense regardless. The water supply hose was about .5" higher than my tank water level and it still had issues and splashed water everywhere

This is why I want to go back to float switches,and getting the old school jbj or marine depot version. I had the new JBJ optical nano ato,didn't work and then this. I can't say I am a firm believer in the new style ato's.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youre close to where you got it from, id see if they could swap it out for you, if not just await XP aquas response if you got ahold of them.

Theyll likely ask to troubleshoot but just mirror what you told us. Sounds like they owe you a pump.
Hopefully theyll send you a whole new unit.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back