Xr15 Blue Gen 5 (x3) Failing To Start?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Gen 5 radion xr15 blues that have been up and running for about a month… Today none of them are lighting up, or responding…??? The schedule is running, but they are not coming on or responding?

they are only a month old….

the power packs have lit blue leds. I cycled power, and nothing…. Tried from my iPad & iPhone….

*** I’m pretty sure my Vectra is running faster than it should be also… It sounds like a waterfall!!!

?.?.? how about a handheld remote for when the controls mess up on these?

any thoughts?

D371446D-EC4C-49B9-977F-005C7595F3E4.png A26D6230-2D16-49A5-B27F-AEF43A353C5A.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra is not responding either….

Attachments

• FF50D58E-71DD-463F-9A42-4AFE1F63A0D1.png
    FF50D58E-71DD-463F-9A42-4AFE1F63A0D1.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 36

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sure it's Mobius. Set to current time and date, then log out and back in. Hopefully that helps

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it out & not overly happy…

It looks as though there was a power bump that caused the lights to lock out. They would not light up, or even respond to the buttons being pushed. Cycled power by unplugging from wall for a minute & nothing. Unplugged cord going from light to power converter & lights came on….

The Vectra went out of mode, probably at the same time…. That’s why the speed was low… Changed modes, and calibration was still saved?

SO… looks like there is a defect that causes the lights to lock out & the Vectra to switch modes, when they loose power momentarily???

Hreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having the same issue. I’ve done everything, reset, login, log out, disconnected etc. Every day I have to go into settings and set to current time for one of my Radions G3 to sync. I’ve contacted Ecotech,they told me to send the light in. It’s not the light. It’s Mobius. I gave up. ReefLink, surprisingly I had zero issues.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having the same issue. I’ve done everything, reset, login, log out, disconnected etc. Every day I have to go into settings and set to current time for one of my Radions G3 to sync. I’ve contacted Ecotech,they told me to send the light in. It’s not the light. It’s Mobius. I gave up. ReefLink, surprisingly I had zero issues.

sounds like a different issue… mine wouldn’t even turn on at all… mine are Gen 5’s also...

It hasn’t reoccurred, and I’m hoping it doesn’t,

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having connection issues AGAIN with 2 out of 3 xr15 g5 blues… When I would play the schedule, only one light would play through… the 2 others would sometimes flicker and then go off? Sometimes one would go on opposite time = on when supposed to be of?

tried changing the schedule, and could only save to 1 light… cycled power, app is up to date, logged out / in, restarted app, etc…

then one light stayed on all night?!?!

I’ve only had them running a couple months and had several issues… It’s getting old quick…

I messaged tech support, and waiting to hear back…

1E637C0D-0437-4741-8AE8-6FFC83277C07.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted the entire device, added the lights again, and same thing… I can connect to 1 and not to 2…

now I can’t connect to the Vectra or either mp40???

tech support only replied once today, and that was no help… I want email / written proof, because this is not right…

I’m contacting WCC (who I purchased everything from) tomorrow and requesting a refund… this is beyond ridiculous…. 2 months old and down twice…

I’ll buy reefbreeders or something else…

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird they want you to send a light in when you can't connect to other devices either unless multiple problems happening.

I just got my G5's but they worked well... crossing my fingers...

Did you try to manually reset the lights? I know mobius is goofing up here but I would try that too in case more then one thing is causing issues. It is hold center button > all 3 > outer 2 buttons

More technology can potentially make things less reliable. My eheim return pump can't change speeds!

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird they want you to send a light in when you can't connect to other devices either unless multiple problems happening.

I just got my G5's but they worked well... crossing my fingers...

Did you try to manually reset the lights? I know mobius is goofing up here but I would try that too in case more then one thing is causing issues. It is hold center button > all 3 > outer 2 buttons

More technology can potentially make things less reliable. My eheim return pump can't change speeds!
They do not want me to turn in the lights. 2 out of 3 are not working properly… again…

yes, I fact reset, deleted device from mobius, made sure mobius was up to date, cycled power, etc…

I keep hearing about the great tech support from Echotech, and waiting to experience it…

at this stage I’m ready for a refund… they are only 2 months old.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my G5’s sync fine until I tried to hook up my vectra . My suggestion is control your pumps manually and use mobius for lights only . Return to factory setting then sync all lights together. If that doesn’t work then I would take them back to WWC .

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my G5’s sync fine until I tried to hook up my vectra . My suggestion is control your pumps manually and use mobius for lights only . Return to factory setting then sync all lights together. If that doesn’t work then I would take them back to WWC .

only 1 out of the 3 lights will sync with mobius… After factory reset and such, a DIFFERENT light is synced and the other 2 get error messages…

I’m calling WWC once they open…

I’m tired of chasing my tail with Echotech tech support… one email response a day when my brand new lights aren’t working & stay on all night? SMH ‍♂️

seriously tempted to return ALL the Echotech gear… this is ridiculous.

I’ll go with friggin reefbreeders & jaebo… top of the line my a&&

1FBA8029-730F-42AC-837D-49155D0B880C.png

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try actually unplugging them and re-plugging them back in? This fixed it for me when I had this problem.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only 1 out of the 3 lights will sync with mobius… After factory reset and such, a DIFFERENT light is synced and the other 2 get error messages…

I’m calling WWC once they open…

I’m tired of chasing my tail with Echotech tech support… one email response a day when my brand new lights aren’t working & stay on all night? SMH ‍♂️

seriously tempted to return ALL the Echotech gear… this is ridiculous.

I’ll go with friggin reefbreeders & jaebo… top of the line my a&&

1FBA8029-730F-42AC-837D-49155D0B880C.png
Can’t believe your not able to reach anyone by phone at ecotech, I guess times have changed with new ownership . Still think it’s sounds like a simple fix . But you could have something defective . Get ahold of WWC and if they can’t fix it for you then I would get a refund .

Last edited:
OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT looks like it’s resolved, at least for now… Well, that’s what I thought a month ago also… hence the reason I have wanted to email & have a paper trail instead of just calling tech support… anyway…

after cycling power for literally the 5th or 6th time on the lights in the last 3 days, I got a pop up for updating 2 of them… Updated the lights, and they seem to be working properly.

it makes me further question…. Were the updates out there & these 2 just weren’t updating? I went to this device screen to delete them from the app 3-4 times previously. now it had the pop up about 3-4 power cycles later???

OR did echotech just put out an update? But only 2 out of 3 stated they needed updating… and the ones having issues rotated??? It wasn’t always the same 2… sometimes left would sync, sometimes middle…

they are working for now… I hope and pray they stay like that… If not, my blood pressure will be through the roof…

im used to doing some minor electrical / controls troubleshooting… this was a feces fest To say the least!

p.s. I’m seriously doubting the reliability of the lights after failing 2x in 2 months & am considering getting rid of them for something else…

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with tech support & he was 10x better than emailing… He actually listened and acknowledged the issues….

he recommended plugging one light into a different power source As a test. Stated maybe it was an issue with the power strip getting overloaded, but not enough to trip? Plausible…

I will do that & see if that has any effect…

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a couple days & power cycling 5 or 6 times, I received an update notice. I updated 2 of the xr’s & everything worked for 3 days…

now I have an xr that is locked out & unresponsive. No lights on buttons, but powerpack led is lit? It’s the original issue I had… last time it was 2 & they started working after 2 days?

contacted tech support & they are sending a replacement…

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back