XR15 Blue vs Pro

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of upgrading from my AI Prime HD. Not sure what I should go with the XR15 Blue or Pro. The Blue only has 3 white lights, that doesn't seem like many but I only run the whites at 20% for an hour on my Prime HD.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the blue. In my opinion I don't use much of the white anyways. I would rather have more light that I'm actuality using.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 XR 15s, I orignally went w/ the blues, which I tought was too cyan-y. I think the pros are too white, so no I have 3 blues and 2 whites! and I like that the best!

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use BRS's AB+ for the AI Prime as my template settings. So sounds like the blue is the way to go. I don't think I'm going to be able to turn the fixture up too high anyway. The AI Prime is maxed on all the blues right now as it is and it seems dark sometimes.

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my mind at the last minute and got the Pros. I like some white for a period during the day and wanted to have the over head to crank the blues and be able to add in some white. I saw some pics of the Blue and it looked like my tank at night. Some other forum posts said similar things. Plus I was looking at some other tanks and am realizing my AI Prime is no where near what other people are running on the Reefer 170.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up finding a deal on a blue. So I’ll have a Pro and a blue in a 4x2x20” we will see how it looks. I’ll trade out for whatever I dislike

OP
OP
_sludgefactory

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well keep me in mind, maybe if you don't like your blue and I don't like the pro we can trade. We'd have to make sure any warranty is transferable too.

Back