XR15 Pro Gen 5/ T5 Hybrid Settings - Just starting with corals

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my first set of tester corals in my tank. I got a torch, cheap acro, acan, chalice, zoa, mushroom, and favia. I tried to get a good variety so I can see how each subcategory of corals do. My tank is a Waterbox 220.6 so 24" deep. I have a T5 Hybrid and 4 XR15 Pros (Gen 5) hanging at about 10" off the water I believe. I will rent a PAR meter soon but was wondering what settings you guys recommend, especially since I want this tank to have a lot of SPS covering the tops of my rock.

I currently chose the AB + in the Mobius app and have it go from 10AM to 8PM. My T5s kick on at 12PM and turn off at 5PM. I just have no idea what to tweak regarding the Schedule Intensity and Point Intensity? Or if there are any other recommendations for settings?

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my first set of tester corals in my tank. I got a torch, cheap acro, acan, chalice, zoa, mushroom, and favia. I tried to get a good variety so I can see how each subcategory of corals do. My tank is a Waterbox 220.6 so 24" deep. I have a T5 Hybrid and 4 XR15 Pros (Gen 5) hanging at about 10" off the water I believe. I will rent a PAR meter soon but was wondering what settings you guys recommend, especially since I want this tank to have a lot of SPS covering the tops of my rock.

I currently chose the AB + in the Mobius app and have it go from 10AM to 8PM. My T5s kick on at 12PM and turn off at 5PM. I just have no idea what to tweak regarding the Schedule Intensity and Point Intensity? Or if there are any other recommendations for settings?
Just make sure you use the acclimation mode so that it slowly brings the lights up so the coral can adjust over a few weeks.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend you watch this video. It talks about par at different setttings, and intensities and give you a recommendation on point intensity and schedule intensity. I made the mistake of starting mine with Justin selecting ab+ but that settings points it at 100% and nearly burned everything until I did some digging. I’m currently set a time 30% schedule intensity

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend you watch this video. It talks about par at different setttings, and intensities and give you a recommendation on point intensity and schedule intensity. I made the mistake of starting mine with Justin selecting ab+ but that settings points it at 100% and nearly burned everything until I did some digging. I’m currently set a time 30% schedule intensity

Watching that video now. So my one piece of tester Acro the tip looks like it started to turn a bit white then there was a little brown stuff at the tip (not dinos). Is this due to too high of intensity?

Lokipsl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching that video now. So my one piece of tester Acro the tip looks like it started to turn a bit white then there was a little brown stuff at the tip (not dinos). Is this due to too high of intensity?
I think it may be pretty hard to use the acro as a gauge for your lighting due to there being so many other factors playing into their overall health. In my opinion with a tank 24’’ deep, I would feel pretty comfortable starting out at around 50% intensity.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back