Yasha Goby and pistol shrimp pair issue

fishsheperd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Hoping to get some insight on an issue I’ve run into. I had bought a Yasha Goby and a Candy Cane Pistol shrimp awhile back and they paired almost immediately. But it’s been two weeks now and they seem to be no longer paired? I never see the shrimp but still here it quite often so I know it’s still alive. I attatched a photo of my Yasha who has been in the same corner of the tank for about two weeks now. Any idea on what’s going on? Should I try pairing my male Yasha with a female? Get another pistol? I’m not too sure what to do at this point.
Thanks in advance!
77EE2A67-6ADC-4974-AC09-05345B531770.jpeg

fohadi16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the goby still eating? what other tank mates are in there? any spikes in water quality recently?

OP
OP
F

fishsheperd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solved the mystery just now! Turns out my genius pistol shrimp was in the intake chamber. ( right about where the goby was hanging out in the corner). Got him back in the tank and hopefully he stays there now! Thanks for reaching out everyone!!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solved the mystery just now! Turns out my genius pistol shrimp was in the intake chamber. ( right about where the goby was hanging out in the corner). Got him back in the tank and hopefully he stays there now! Thanks for reaching out everyone!!
That will do it!
Keep an eye on him to make sure it goes back to normal.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back