Yasha Goby Swimming Unusually

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent batch of fish was transferred to the sterile tank for General Cure treatment and observation. Yesterday, I did the water change + 2nd dose of General Cure. I'm noticing today that one of the yasha gobies is clamping its fins and swimming unusually. Spine injury? Something else internal? I've already gone through a week and a half of medicated LRS Fish Frenzy during copper.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd compared to how the other is swimming. Is it swimming into the flow at all? Maybe try a freshwater dip to check for flukes.

OP
OP
nden

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd compared to how the other is swimming. Is it swimming into the flow at all? Maybe try a freshwater dip to check for flukes.
Figured flukes would already be working out of their system after the General Cure treatments. It may already may be a little too late. Found him upside down this morning. When I went to pick him up, he did flip over, though he is now having trouble "balancing" to stay upright. Really sucks to see [emoji29]

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured flukes would already be working out of their system after the General Cure treatments. It may already may be a little too late. Found him upside down this morning. When I went to pick him up, he did flip over, though he is now having trouble "balancing" to stay upright. Really sucks to see [emoji29]
Hoping for the best. Has he been eating?

OP
OP
nden

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems there's something off that's affecting gobies in the qt tank for GC treatment and observation. Their fins get clamped up, where their tail gets shaped to a point. Stomach also gets sunken in. Not sure what could be afflicting them/rest of the tank.

Any ideas? This is the one that was still swimming well 3 days ago and it's now starting to wither away like the other I asked about earlier... Noticing it starting to happen on the Hi-fin goby as well....
af0b57553811f8e0dc0f779f69efbb3b.jpg
e6b1ea2b1a1ee332b7a932b89880986f.jpg
5597cb076502ff3cb0091c0c17c36a57.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back