Years of lurking, tank experienced but new to reefing... back in the US and ready to join up

Ulmo

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

Grew up in Cleveland in the 80's and 90's with always at least one tank in the house (FW and SW fish only). From observation while very young to it becoming my responsibility to maintain them before age 10, it's deep in my psyche.

Moved to South Florida for university and some years after (Palm Beach/Broward). Between regular snorkel/scuba and so many tanks in the area to enjoy, that was a time without a tank of my own.

Moved to China where I lived and worked for a decade. Kept FW and Brackish tanks there, saltwater was always desired, but I was far from the larger metropolitan areas, and it just seemed like too much of an undertaking without feeling truly settled.

Came back to the states in 2017 with my Chinese wife. Spent a year split between Cleveland and South Florida before we relocated out to Washington state (Port Angeles).

Finally feeling settled enough to start a new tank. In fact, it's already up and running (just finished cycling). Nothing big, just a RSR 200XL. Will post a thread eventually to share.

Of course there is much more background I could provide, but that's enough of an introduction for now.

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

Grew up in Cleveland in the 80's and 90's with always at least one tank in the house (FW and SW fish only). From observation while very young to it becoming my responsibility to maintain them before age 10, it's deep in my psyche.

Moved to South Florida for university and some years after (Palm Beach/Broward). Between regular snorkel/scuba and so many tanks in the area to enjoy, that was a time without a tank of my own.

Moved to China where I lived and worked for a decade. Kept FW and Brackish tanks there, saltwater was always desired, but I was far from the larger metropolitan areas, and it just seemed like too much of an undertaking without feeling truly settled.

Came back to the states in 2017 with my Chinese wife. Spent a year split between Cleveland and South Florida before we relocated out to Washington state (Port Angeles).

Finally feeling settled enough to start a new tank. In fact, it's already up and running (just finished cycling). Nothing big, just a RSR 200XL. Will post a thread eventually to share.

Of course there is much more background I could provide, but that's enough of an introduction for now.

lets go friends GIF by 505 Games

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This is the greatest place in Reefing to be. By far the best on the internet and best forum around.

Everyone is so friendly and so very helpful. Feel free to ask any questions and you will get so many great answers.

This is the place to be. You will get advice and make many new friends. Welcome to the PARTY!
Paralympic Games Win GIF by International Paralympic Committee

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back