Years of lurking, tank experienced but new to reefing... back in the US and ready to join up

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

Grew up in Cleveland in the 80's and 90's with always at least one tank in the house (FW and SW fish only). From observation while very young to it becoming my responsibility to maintain them before age 10, it's deep in my psyche.

Moved to South Florida for university and some years after (Palm Beach/Broward). Between regular snorkel/scuba and so many tanks in the area to enjoy, that was a time without a tank of my own.

Moved to China where I lived and worked for a decade. Kept FW and Brackish tanks there, saltwater was always desired, but I was far from the larger metropolitan areas, and it just seemed like too much of an undertaking without feeling truly settled.

Came back to the states in 2017 with my Chinese wife. Spent a year split between Cleveland and South Florida before we relocated out to Washington state (Port Angeles).

Finally feeling settled enough to start a new tank. In fact, it's already up and running (just finished cycling). Nothing big, just a RSR 200XL. Will post a thread eventually to share.

Of course there is much more background I could provide, but that's enough of an introduction for now.
Hello and Welcome!

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

Grew up in Cleveland in the 80's and 90's with always at least one tank in the house (FW and SW fish only). From observation while very young to it becoming my responsibility to maintain them before age 10, it's deep in my psyche.

Moved to South Florida for university and some years after (Palm Beach/Broward). Between regular snorkel/scuba and so many tanks in the area to enjoy, that was a time without a tank of my own.

Moved to China where I lived and worked for a decade. Kept FW and Brackish tanks there, saltwater was always desired, but I was far from the larger metropolitan areas, and it just seemed like too much of an undertaking without feeling truly settled.

Came back to the states in 2017 with my Chinese wife. Spent a year split between Cleveland and South Florida before we relocated out to Washington state (Port Angeles).

Finally feeling settled enough to start a new tank. In fact, it's already up and running (just finished cycling). Nothing big, just a RSR 200XL. Will post a thread eventually to share.

Of course there is much more background I could provide, but that's enough of an introduction for now.
Welcome :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back