Yellow “coris” wrasse.

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile yellow coris wrasse in a 20 gallon frag tank he’s around 2 inches and he seems cramped.. if I were to add him to my main display tank Wich is a 54 gallon Red Sea reefer 250 it measures 36”x22” ish. I had plans on getting a pink Margin fairy wrasse. Would there be any issues with these two in the same tank? I hear yellow coris are relatively peaceful. Only inhabitants are a body and pistol shrimp (slowly sticking this tank)

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept fairy wrasses with other wrasses without issue. The more aggressive wrasses tend to be larger. I've kept Coris wrasses with melanarus and marbled wrasses and fairy wrasses without issue (marble wrasses can be aggressive).

Tl;Dr yes they will go together fine

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will get along with each other, but I feel the tank is too small for the pink margin and borderline (at best) for the chrysus.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Those two together should be fine.yellow coris love pods and offer great fluorescent yellow

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will get along with each other, but I feel the tank is too small for the pink margin and borderline (at best) for the chrysus.
. I will definitely take that into consideration I was under the wrong impression in tank size I’ll do some more research. What would you suggest on 2 compatible wrasses for this size aquarium? That’s a beautiful walleye in your profile pic! I’m assuming one of the Great Lakes?

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow and something smaller like a pintail would be better, IMO.

That walleye is from lake of the woods

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile yellow coris wrasse in a 20 gallon frag tank he’s around 2 inches and he seems cramped.. if I were to add him to my main display tank Wich is a 54 gallon Red Sea reefer 250 it measures 36”x22” ish. I had plans on getting a pink Margin fairy wrasse. Would there be any issues with these two in the same tank? I hear yellow coris are relatively peaceful. Only inhabitants are a body and pistol shrimp (slowly sticking this tank)

Yellow are among the most peaceful of wrasses and a change of venue should help the new addition. Ideally I feel that Halichoeres Wrasses of any kind are best suited to a 4 foot long tank long term but that tank should be fine for a while. Funny you should mention that though about being cramped in a 20 gallon. Had a discussion with a guy elsewhere who thought I was crazy for telling someone that a Yellow Wrasse wasn't a good fit for her 15 gallon tank and that they stayed really small in tanks. :D

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow are among the most peaceful of wrasses and a change of venue should help the new addition. Ideally I feel that Halichoeres Wrasses of any kind are best suited to a 4 foot long tank long term but that tank should be fine for a while. Funny you should mention that though about being cramped in a 20 gallon. Had a discussion with a guy elsewhere who thought I was crazy for telling someone that a Yellow Wrasse wasn't a good fit for her 15 gallon tank and that they stayed really small in tanks. :D
Some people don’t get it I guess. The fish always pays In the end.... have to be responsible for all living creatures we want to “keep”. This poor wrasse must cover every inch of that 20 a hundred times a day! Anyways thanks for the input I’ll keep in mind the tank size. if I feel he’s cramped I’ll rehome him.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a H. chrysus in my 36x24x24" 90 gallon "cube" and hes super chill. He shares it with a M. negrosensis and C. brunneus and they all get along great. One of the most peaceful Halichores there is.

Back