Yellow and Purple tangs in 5 foot - 150 Gallons

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

What do you guys think of a Yellow and a Purple tangs in a 5 foot 150 gallons (dimensions of 60" x 24" x 24")? There will be plenty of open spaces to swim as most of my rocks are Tonga branches. Other fishes will be a Regal angel and a copperband butterfly (Not too sure if copperband will be okay with 2 tangs). I want them to live a long time in that tank, as I won't be upgrading nor adding more fishes.

Thanks,
Bao

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tangs yellow, purple and blue in a 125g 5 ft tank without problems. Add them at the same time if possible and make sure they have enough food so they don’t need to compete.

OP
OP
Bao

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foods aren't a problem as I feed multiple times a day. My tank is mostly SPS, so it will be crystal clear as well. The only thing that I worry about is the space.. I know they won't be best friends and sleep together in a same cave but at least I want them to coexist peacefully most of the time?

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foods aren't a problem as I feed multiple times a day. My tank is mostly SPS, so it will be crystal clear as well. The only thing that I worry about is the space.. I know they won't be best friends and sleep together in a same cave but at least I want them to coexist peacefully most of the time?
They should, you have enough space. Try to buy them small and at the same time.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back