Yellow banded possum wrasse missin

roccud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a yellow banded possum wrasse for about 2 and a half months, once introduced it did the usual wrasse hiding for a couple weeks then came out of the rocks and was doing perfectly fine. at the time of introduction I had a yellow watchman goby who is a jerk, a black ocellaris clownfish, a purple mushroom, and a zoanthid frag. All stocking stayed the same. The yellow watchman goby was territorial of his hole in the rocks and sometimes would just jolt at the yellow banded possum wrasse. Still the ybpw (yellow banded possum wrasse) would eat and was out and active.
I then went to the lfs bought a melanarus wrasse some more zoanthids and duncan coral. The melanarus was active and out active in first introduction and still is. So was the Ybpw. For atleast a week everyone was getting along other than jerk yellow watchman goby. but nothing to serious. Everyone was also eating. Then my yellow banded possum wrasse one morning was nowhere to be found. I had not seen him for a week and a half maybe thinking he was hiding and scared, during a water change i moved the rocks and found him hiding in a hole in the rock. I could not tell if he was extremely hurting or he was asleep. He swam out kinda slowly and hid again. I did another water change this week and it has been a week and a half since then. everyone and all the corals have still been thriving with no signs of anything during all this strange behavior.
The melanarus wrasse and him showed no signs of aggravation or anything neither did the clownfish.
I still havent seen him since the slow swimming during rock movement. What should i do? could he just be coming out during night or is he dead?

OP
OP
R

roccud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this is 40 gallon breeder with a 10 gallon sump with chaeto, i havent stocked pods in awhile. He would constantly be picking at the rocks. Could that be an issue? was he really not eating enough cus he wasnt getting the pods

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back