yellow coris wrasse for 40 gallon breeder

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was wondering if a fully grown yellow coris wrasse is doable in a 40 gallon breeder. i know its small but wondering what yall think. tank mates would be springer damsel and maybe one more fish.

also i wanted to get a six line but all i read are horror stories.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not had any issues with six lines over the years. I’m aware some have. Hit or miss I guess. Definitely the more suitable fish over the yellow coris once full grown. A small one would be fine though for some years just don’t power feed it.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three in my 300 that I got in January as 1 inch juveniles. They're now about 2 inches after 6 months. Supposedly they get to be about 5 inches. With those other fish you have, I'd think a single yellow coris would be fine as long as you have a deep enough small grain sand bed for sleeping (eg caribsea special grade) and a lid on the tank (they jump). They are wonderful fish that add great color and movement to the tank. You'll also never have a flatworm or similar critter problem. Only problem with mine is that they will flip over any nassarius snail they find and eat it. Oh, and they are a royal PITA when I target feed my anemones.

OP
OP
fishmonkey

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three in my 300 that I got in January as 1 inch juveniles. They're now about 2 inches after 6 months. Supposedly they get to be about 5 inches. With those other fish you have, I'd think a single yellow coris would be fine as long as you have a deep enough small grain sand bed for sleeping (eg caribsea special grade) and a lid on the tank (they jump). They are wonderful fish that add great color and movement to the tank. You'll also never have a flatworm or similar critter problem. Only problem with mine is that they will flip over any nassarius snail they find and eat it. Oh, and they are a royal PITA when I target feed my anemones.
I have special grade but it’s around 2 inches deep. Is that deep enough?

Back