Yellow Corris Wrasse fin rot?

Tower

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Haven't dealt with this before so help appreciated. Came home today and noticed this on my yellow wrasse which is currently in a quarantine tank with a scarlet hawkfish and a blue chromis. Does anyone think it's fin rot or could it be the hawkfish? No aggression seen in the last couple of weeks. Parameters are all good and stable.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Haven't dealt with this before so help appreciated. Came home today and noticed this on my yellow wrasse which is currently in a quarantine tank with a scarlet hawkfish and a blue chromis. Does anyone think it's fin rot or could it be the hawkfish? No aggression seen in the last couple of weeks. Parameters are all good and stable.

Sorry - I missed your post yesterday....

That looks like two distinct bite marks, followed by some possible secondary bacterial infection.

I would suspect the hawkfish. You should divide them up. You may never see the aggression - the hawkfish is going to be watching you while you are in the room. Besides, if thsi is indeed just from two bites, that are over in a split second, your chance of seeing it happen is very small.

Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
Tower

Tower

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I missed your post yesterday....

That looks like two distinct bite marks, followed by some possible secondary bacterial infection.

I would suspect the hawkfish. You should divide them up. You may never see the aggression - the hawkfish is going to be watching you while you are in the room. Besides, if thsi is indeed just from two bites, that are over in a split second, your chance of seeing it happen is very small.

Jay Hemdal
Thanks Jay,

I will split them as you suggested. Dosed myxazin antibacterial yesterday and the tail looks better already.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back