Yellow light [emoji45]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the yellow light always indicate an unrepairable issue?

This is my second Apex I have had to return since October. I am going out of the country for 2 weeks and this has happens a few days before I leave. I am disappointed to not have any controller while I am out. I am now going to have to hire someone to come and check all my parameters.

I am getting frustrated and am contemplating switching to another controller. I have talked to support and don't feel much support other then sending it in and going without until I return. Is there any additional help that can be provided?

IMG_20190408_161638747.jpeg

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same boat as you. I have had SSSOOOO many issues with just about all my apex stuff. that is all they want to do is send it in, send it in!!! my wav unit make SO much noise and again, send it in. liek I told them I can not go with out a power head that long. I had just "up graded", so I thought, to the apex wav and sold my current power heads because I didnt think I would need a back up any time soon. How wrong was I, they told me I need to go buy another wav to use till I get this one back. To me it sounds like they just want me to was more money on their junk. Why should I have to spend more money to buy something that I wouldnt need if their product wasnt so bad. That is just one of many issues I have had since I got their stuff in Nov. I have 3 modules 2 breakout boxes, DOS and DDR, the DDR had to be replaced twice because of their bad design. why would you make something that can not get wet because of the board inside of it and the things only job is to hold fluids? I mean that is the dumbest thing I have ever hear, and there out here selling the stuff like there pros at making this stuff. they are far from that. I have filed a complaint with the BBB about them. I have things that will never get fixed from them and I have wasted some much money with them. I finally replaced the Neptune ATO system with some float switches because again their junk was untrustworthy and I never knew if it was filling when it was needing water. there was so many times I would come home and my pump was blowing air in my tank because the APEX ato showed full but my pump was half out of water. since I have went to the float switches I have not had one issue and things are doing SSSSOOOOO much better. I dont trust any of the apex product and never could trust any of them as well. I have been looking into other controllers as well and I do believe I will be going with the GHL. I just wish I had all the money back that I wasted on the APEX junk to invest into the GHL system. Neptune is a big joke and I have been letting everyone know it and not to waste the money. And this is becaoming a more and more normal thing with them that I dont see how they can not do womething about it or care to want too. just shows there only there to make money and really dont care like they say they do. just know your not alone and more and more people are starting to speak up finally. Their a bad company and I hate to see that r2r are partners with them because r2r is so much better then neptune is for sure. I love this place.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you are interested in the GHL controller Marine Depot sales them. Look into them. I am pretty sure thats what i am going with. They have a ALK monitor also.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I am surprised Neptune is not taking care of these issues, I was planning on upgrading from classic to new model, I guess I am going to wait and see how they will handle all these issues mentioned above...

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I am surprised Neptune is not taking care of these issues, I was planning on upgrading from classic to new model, I guess I am going to wait and see how they will handle all these issues mentioned above...
They are a great company. I have never had an issue with their outstanding customer service.
@Terence- mabye you can help out @AMBER NICHOLS
I am in the same boat as you. I have had SSSOOOO many issues with just about all my apex stuff. that is all they want to do is send it in, send it in!!! my wav unit make SO much noise and again, send it in. liek I told them I can not go with out a power head that long. I had just "up graded", so I thought, to the apex wav and sold my current power heads because I didnt think I would need a back up any time soon. How wrong was I, they told me I need to go buy another wav to use till I get this one back. To me it sounds like they just want me to was more money on their junk. Why should I have to spend more money to buy something that I wouldnt need if their product wasnt so bad. That is just one of many issues I have had since I got their stuff in Nov. I have 3 modules 2 breakout boxes, DOS and DDR, the DDR had to be replaced twice because of their bad design. why would you make something that can not get wet because of the board inside of it and the things only job is to hold fluids? I mean that is the dumbest thing I have ever hear, and there out here selling the stuff like there pros at making this stuff. they are far from that. I have filed a complaint with the BBB about them. I have things that will never get fixed from them and I have wasted some much money with them. I finally replaced the Neptune ATO system with some float switches because again their junk was untrustworthy and I never knew if it was filling when it was needing water. there was so many times I would come home and my pump was blowing air in my tank because the APEX ato showed full but my pump was half out of water. since I have went to the float switches I have not had one issue and things are doing SSSSOOOOO much better. I dont trust any of the apex product and never could trust any of them as well. I have been looking into other controllers as well and I do believe I will be going with the GHL. I just wish I had all the money back that I wasted on the APEX junk to invest into the GHL system. Neptune is a big joke and I have been letting everyone know it and not to waste the money. And this is becaoming a more and more normal thing with them that I dont see how they can not do womething about it or care to want too. just shows there only there to make money and really dont care like they say they do. just know your not alone and more and more people are starting to speak up finally. Their a bad company and I hate to see that r2r are partners with them because r2r is so much better then neptune is for sure. I love this place.
I completely disagree. I have had nothing but outstanding service. Do you complain about ac pumps "well they cant get wet but they hold fluid" or a mp40?

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of strange, I never had a bad experience with Neptune support. DOS not supporting a moist environments ticked me off last year and I replaced it with Coral-Box dosers, some of their products are better than other, but the support was always great.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great company. I have never had an issue with their outstanding customer service.
@Terence- mabye you can help out @AMBER NICHOLS

I completely disagree. I have had nothing but outstanding service. Do you complain about ac pumps "well they cant get wet but they hold fluid" or a mp40?
uummm huh?

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of strange, I never had a bad experience with Neptune support. DOS not supporting a moist environments ticked me off last year and I replaced it with Coral-Box dosers, some of their products are better than other, but the support was always great.
the DOS is about the only thing that hasnt gave me trouble. i just hate dealing with their so called customer service. they finally sent a fmm module to replace one that im having issues with but wont fix anything else. they want me to buy this borrow that buy this and send this in and have to go without the brand new product that I thought I was up grading to but would had been better off staying with my old. My old product ran great and never had a problem with and once I up grade to something new of apex its nothing but issues that they want you to send in and go with out a brand new something that i just spent to much for and be without it for another month and when they do fix it they tell you that thwy will only fix it once from now on you have to pay to fix it even though its their poor design and bad product that I will have to pay to fix. Its wrong of a company to do that. I have dont away with all the sensors I had from them and the ATO system i got from them as well because I can not trust none of them. Your one of the lucky ones that gets the good stuff of they make sure your taking care because you have been with them a long time or something. But I tell you right now what is happen with me and this lady here is something that has happen a lot and I have been finding this out more and more since I have been talking about it openly. I thought it was just me and thats why I didnt say anything. I ddid say something to one person adn the next thing I knew there was a few people got in touch and let me know their problems. so I started talking more then more and more people got in touch. Next thing I knew there is a whole community out there that seem like they have read a book that I wrote about my issue cause their telling me the same thing to me without me saying a word. Neptune has real issues and the only thing they have going for them right now is they have some products that no one else has. If other controllers start offering them neptune will have major problems then. This is why they are taking SSSOOO much longer getting the tridant out then they first told everyone. they are testing it and getting it right like they should had all their other products but didnt. I see no care for their customers from anything I have seen from them. they need to make some major changes. I got a email today from the BBB and they wont even return their calls or emails. Their hiding from the BBB now why would a business that is doing the right thing need to hide from them? I just want my money back so I can get a better controller. And before I spend as much as I did as fast as I did on apex stuff again, I will take my time and make sure their better then neptune before I spend like I did with neptune. I have a LOT of their product I really do. And I only got my EL newer model in NOV. I have better luck out of the JR. on my other tank I have.

20190324_191039.jpg
IMG_20190324_191813_01.jpg
IMG_20190324_191851_01.jpg
20190331_225537.jpg
moving apex.jpg

Last edited:

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your experiences. You can always sell you Neptune gear, there is good demand, and buy what you think is better.
Yeah and I will after I get a GHL but my problem with it Im going to lose all kinds of money that I shouldn't have too and I really hate to pond all the issues off onto someone else. My problem is everyone that has offered to buy it I have to tell them everything going on with it then they change their mind. Im just not that kind of person. There are just a couple of things i will add onto my Jr. because I have never had a issue with my JR and everything on it but the main one I have everything on with my red sea. Its been nothing but hell dealing with it.

OP
OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: @MSB123 spent a couple of hours with me last night troubleshooting. We we're able to narrow down that the base unit is the issue and not the energy bar. I asked Neptune if they would now ship me a base unit only and they have agreed. They require an understandable deposit but it will ship today. I am hopeful it will work while I am out of the country. I am honestly not upset it bugged out, was just not feeling support regarding leaving without anything in place. My intention in my post was for extra support.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: @MSB123 spent a couple of hours with me last night troubleshooting. We we're able to narrow down that the base unit is the issue and not the energy bar. I asked Neptune if they would now ship me a base unit only and they have agreed. They require an understandable deposit but it will ship today. I am hopeful it will work while I am out of the country. I am honestly not upset it bugged out, was just not feeling support regarding leaving without anything in place. My intention in my post was for extra support.
Well thats good glad someone got something taking care of. I can never get them to fix any of my stuff. I guess it depends on whos working or the area you live or something. there has to be some reason they wont help a large group of people and always help others. I guess they want business from some. It cant be the money someone spend because I have gave them a lot of money with all the stuff I have bought of theirs. Good luck with it and best wishes to ya.

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats good glad someone got something taking care of. I can never get them to fix any of my stuff. I guess it depends on whos working or the area you live or something. there has to be some reason they wont help a large group of people and always help others. I guess they want business from some. It cant be the money someone spend because I have gave them a lot of money with all the stuff I have bought of theirs. Good luck with it and best wishes to ya.
Look. I am not a Neptune support Rep. I simply have spent some time learning about their products and helping others fix their problems. If you need help, I would love to help you out. Please do not direct hate at Neptune for my actions.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look. I am not a Neptune support Rep. I simply have spent some time learning about their products and helping others fix their problems. If you need help, I would love to help you out. Please do not direct hate at Neptune for my actions.

You dont know what I have been through and go through daily so dont try stopping me from speaking of my experience that I have had. THat what we are here for to share our knowledge that we have of things weather it be good, bad or other. If I had read something you posted about something I loved, which I have seen more then once on here, I either tell what has happen to me and move on or move and say nothing. Its not for me to stop someone to tell someone not to speak about thing that have happen to them. It is their right to speak the truth no matter what so that people that wants info on something has the info they asked for. I don't need any help with anything I am having issues with unless you want to buy me replacements for the things that are bad that they will not do anything about unless I buy another to use to send brand new things to them. I shouldnt have to buy brand new things to use while brand new things have to fixed time and time again and then want to charge me to fix something that is poorly design and put out on the market to sell saying in others words that this is a good product that is worth the money we are charging and then saying hey you have to pay us for this new product of ours we sold you not 2 weeks ago to fix it even though you did nothing wrong. that si a wrong and crooked and that is a why I got in touch with the BBB. they should stand behind their products and go above and beyond to make it up to someone when something they sell someone is bad from the beginning or shortly there after. I have done nothing but spoke of what has happen to me dealing with neptune. If you dont like what I am speaking then you need to speak with neptune about it not me and not having problems with me. I have done nothing but tell the truth about things that have happen to me and it seems you are not happy about it and taking it out on me where once again I have done nothing but tell what happen to me. look at that a little closer before you reply to this. I have 2 of their units and have dealt with them a while as well and like I said I have nothing bad to said about the older unit I have on my other tank. Not one problem what so ever love it. but the newer unit has been nothing but issues since I have had it so how can I speak so well about one unit and not the other if I hate them like you say I do? I am being just and being truthful. If I hated them I would talk bad about everything I have of theirs, IT IS JUST THE TRUTH.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back