Yellow longnose butterfly fish question

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a question about feeding a yellow longnose butterfly fish. Are they easier to feed than copperband's? Also would feeding it rods food be ok???

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a question about feeding a yellow longnose butterfly fish. Are they easier to feed than copperband's? Also would feeding it rods food be ok???
How long have you been keeping saltwater fish? You need to either get really lucky or have a fair bit of experience before trying butterfly fish.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have a tank yet, will in a few months though
Then you are at least a year from even thinking about any butterfly fish. Sorry, but if you care about the survival of the fish, you’ll set this idea aside for now. If you want one in the future, make sure you get a large tank, 125+ gallons

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re maybe slightly easier than Copperbands but I still wouldn’t call them easy fish. Their mouths, like Copperbands, are very easily damaged and that basically means the fish is a goner. They might need some live foods to get them eating and since their mouths are so small, best to have them fed about 3-4 times initially so they can put on weight if there are more competitive fish in the tank. Also, a large tank 125+ gallons as they’re one of the larger butterflies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back