(Yellow rainbow montipora)JF Beach Bum, Altered Ego, AquaSD Rainbow Phoenix, WWC Kung Pow, RR Crazy-

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've hit a bit of a snag with my Crazy T, but I think I have it figured out. I lowered my light intensity because I thought I was blasting some of my corals with too much light and it was a terrible idea. The oldest section of the Crazy T just turned brown and the rest was green. The colors are staring to come back now. Here are some progression / regression shots.

Ive had this happen to almost all my montis, just a little area of the old skin got sorta black like this. Now howd you fix this =)

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this happen to almost all my montis, just a little area of the old skin got sorta black like this. Now howd you fix this =)

I don't know if I fixed it yet, but it is still improving. I will post a new picture when my lights are on. I can't say for sure but I think cranking up my Kessils another 10% over a few weeks helped. I also added a third powerhead, so that might have helped too.

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's all in my mind, but I think it is improving.
10/29/16

11/29/16

12/10/16

It really looks like the lights are stronger in each pic to me. It might be that raising the light level has made the dark patch less noticeable, but it still seems to be there.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really looks like the lights are stronger in each pic to me. It might be that raising the light level has made the dark patch less noticeable, but it still seems to be there.

I adjusted the original photo in Photoshop and you are correct. It just looks less obvious since the lights are brighter. The tissue looks smoother in the more recent pic but the brown area is about the same.

onetire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not jf beach bum but beauties none the less
IMG_2190.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pirate, where did you place rainbow phx? Mine is half way up and starting to shift from orange towards yellow slowly

Back