Yellow tang ate my coral

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this sounds crazy but I’m almost 100% sure my yellow tang had eaten my AOI zoas. Recently I saw him picking near my AOI zoas, and no other fish I have could have done that. I noticed my whole colony is gone and It’s so frustrating cause I looked everywhere for these. My other fish are two ocellaris clowns, a Darwin clown, a pajama cardinal, a mccoskers wrasse, and a blue chromis. At first I thought it was my flameback or multicolor angels but I realized I took them out a month ago, anyone have experience with yellow tangs eating corals?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know this sounds crazy but I’m almost 100% sure my yellow tang had eaten my AOI zoas. Recently I saw him picking near my AOI zoas, and no other fish I have could have done that. I noticed my whole colony is gone and It’s so frustrating cause I looked everywhere for these. My other fish are two ocellaris clowns, a Darwin clown, a pajama cardinal, a mccoskers wrasse, and a blue chromis. At first I thought it was my flameback or multicolor angels but I realized I took them out a month ago, anyone have experience with yellow tangs eating corals?
Me never. I have 6 of them too. Occasionally they will go into them to steal food, but thats about it. Are you sure they didnt melt away ?

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me never. I have 6 of them too. Occasionally they will go into them to steal food, but thats about it. Are you sure they didnt melt away ?
Thank you for redoing but I see him picking that corner where the AOI zoas are for the past two days and I had these for about 6 months so I don’t think they’d randomly melt away. I never lost any corals before but maybe you’re right. Now I’m really suspicious of him though, it makes sense to me now. He’s only been there and I’ve seen him nipping away at something, I just assumed it was algae but I don’t have any hair algae or anything

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back