Yellow Tang Bacteria Infection?

mark66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tang.png

Hello,

My yellow tang 3 days ago started to have a red streak on his anal fin and over the past few days the redness has spread to the rest of his body.

I have had him for a little over a year but I recently moved a few months ago and my tank had ich so all my fish were set up in a quarantine tank and I treated them with copper for 14 weeks. Towards the end of the copper treatment he started to to get HLLE.

All of my fish have been in my display tank for 3 weeks now.

Water Quality:
Ammonia- 0 ppm
Nitrite-0 ppm
Nitrate-5 ppm
Alk- 9.6 DKH
Phos-pretty much zero
Calcium- 420 ppm
Salinity- 35 ppm

I have been treating him with Kanaplex and Metroplex mixed with focus in mysis shrimp and he has been eating the food well and acting normal. I also give him nori soaked in selcon. I am curious if this is a bacteria infection since it has only gotten worse since treatment.

Does anyone think this is a bacteria infection or something else? I am not sure if he developed this due to moving from the quarantine tank to the display tank or from a secondary infection from the ich.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just feed fresh frozen high quality foods and it should clear up in my experience. I don’t think the medications are going to make any difference. Feed often and make sure it’s comfortable in the environment / low stress, high quality water

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back