Yellow Tang Companion in a 120g

GHogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for Stocking advice for a 120 gallon tank. I'm interested in having 2 herbivorous fish to pick at my rocks and help manage algae preventatively. My wife loves the look of yellow tangs and wants one for the tank. I've been looking at adding a blue eyed kole tang, but I want them to have sufficient room and avoid aggression as much as possible. I'm generating a stocking list before setting up the tank.

I'm open to any suggestions, stocking for the optimum well-being of my tank inhabitants is my top priority.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well you may not want to put two tangs together it can be a little risky and tuff especially of the same body type. May also harder in smaller tanks.
You may want to look at a rabbitfish/foxface like a one spot instead, just much easier to do if you want two herbivores. If you did two tangs I would do them at the same time.

Also right now it is next to impossible to get a yellow tang unless you want to spend allot. Also koles are very hard to get. If you can even find them they are going 300.00 +

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%

Back