Yellow tang Ich

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over night my yellow tang that I purchased 2 weeks ago broke out with Ich this morning. I check the water and everything checks out fine. I don’t know what might of caused it. Good thing she is in the quarantine tank so I’m treating her ruby reef. She also looks bloated! Can someone help is it just Ich or something else? All this fish are on a qt tank by the way. This is not my main tank

961F6EE5-4F76-4BBB-A242-A0E7379999F2.jpeg AEC1EE88-AB45-4592-9CE6-7CC85D921009.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7038.MOV
    19.5 MB
OP
OP
B

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over night my yellow tang that I purchased 2 weeks ago broke out with Ich this morning. I check the water and everything checks out fine. I don’t know what might of caused it. Good thing she is in the quarantine tank so I’m treating her ruby reef. She also looks bloated! Can someone help is it just Ich or something else? All this fish are on a qt tank by the way. This is not my main tank

961F6EE5-4F76-4BBB-A242-A0E7379999F2.jpeg AEC1EE88-AB45-4592-9CE6-7CC85D921009.jpeg

Attachments

• F08608E8-E6B9-457E-A537-DDA221B04242.jpeg
    F08608E8-E6B9-457E-A537-DDA221B04242.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 38

richscorze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All it takes for ich is for the "bug" to be in your system....then anything can trigger an outbreak from a very small temp drop to aggression from other fish. I use Cupramin in my hospital tank. You wouldn't have experienced an outbreak if it was treated with copper. I have two separate tanks...one for fish and one for corals. Any and all expense to make dang sure my main DT stays clean and uncontaminated.
My 2 cents

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All it takes for ich is for the "bug" to be in your system....then anything can trigger an outbreak from a very small temp drop to aggression from other fish. I use Cupramin in my hospital tank. You wouldn't have experienced an outbreak if it was treated with copper. I have two separate tanks...one for fish and one for corals. Any and all expense to make dang sure my main DT stays clean and uncontaminated.
My 2 cents
That is not true. There us still not garentee treating with copper. It an abuse more harm than good or the other way around. It can stress fish or it may not. There is no right or wrong regarding QT. Just me personally anyways.

richscorze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not true. There us still not garentee treating with copper. It an abuse more harm than good or the other way around. It can stress fish or it may not. There is no right or wrong regarding QT. Just me personally anyways.
I guess personal experience weighs heaviest on each of us. All I can say is this is in fact 100% true for me. ...and my clowns breed in copper all the time. I do try hard to keep copper very close to lowest limits required to be effective. (0.15-0.18...using Cupramin)

OP
OP
B

Buttsnorkler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents
Well as stated on my initial post. That was a QT tank. Not my main display. I appreciate the feed back. Unfortunately it was not Ich and it was velvet. The place I bought it from had a break out and didn’t tell me. I lost all the fish in that Qt tank. I tried everything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back