Yellow Tang Issue

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys,
I'm sure this has been discussed here,but what is going on with my yellow tang?

This losing of the flesh around his crown and lower fin has me worried. I've had him for 1 year and this has been happening about a month after coming home from the LFS.

I feed him pellets,flakes,mysis shrimp and algae and he eats without issue.

I don't see any bone exposed but just the flesh gone.

Thank you

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to up his algae offerings, and soak any other foods in vita-chem or selcon.

Also, do you run carbon in a reactor?

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run carbon in this tank. I've been giving him Selcon. What's a good meal plan and how many times a day for Tangs?

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs eat a lot, focus on algae in their diet since they are herbivores (although they will eat meat if offered, but not healthy in the long run). You can get the veggie clip and put nori sheet in there and keep it for few hours and then remove it (to avoid nutrient build up) after several days you will have an idea about the amount it eats so you can adjust accordingly. There are also herbivore food in forms of flakes or pellets available too. They are usually enriched with minerals and vitamins depending on what brand you choose.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated and hopefully it will be a healthy fish, even if its eating meaty food as long as its not the main source of food it will be fine.

Back